The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   S525 OVP The Club Car (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   S525 ovp (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=78840)

Christopher 20th February 2011 13:58

S525 ovp

Just a quick update on progress on this car. I spent some time with Lates today going over what is left to be done.

It appears that most, if not all, the "mechanicals" have been done and it should not take much to get her ready for an MOT. I will be buying a few bits and pieces for her now to hopefully get her to a MOT ready state. And will spend some time there with Lates/Pete to do all the last minute things. After that she will need a lot of care and attention to restore body parts, trim and bodywork to get her back to her former glory.

My thanks go out to Lates and Pete for their help in getting the car this far and for allowing her to be stored over there - I will also be paying him any outstanding payments because he has done this all off his own bat at this stage. Once the next phase is over I will be moving her to see if we can get the trim etc done.

I will update as and when I can.

Best

thomas 75 connie 20th February 2011 15:15

Thanks for letting us know chris I always look forward to hearing about ovp

Robson Rover Repair 21st February 2011 19:34

Excellent news Christopher! The we car is truely something the club can be united and proud off.

GT Courier 21st February 2011 19:47

Can we have more pictures or is that greedy!

Southside 22nd February 2011 17:04

Take it it wont be ready in time for POL then? :(

Christopher 25th February 2011 00:23

Further to the above, in the next week I aim to:

- buy battery and install
- buy spare lamps and replace as necessary
- buy wiper blades and fit
- buy front and rear number plates and fit

- source number plate bulb circuitry and fit
- install the boot handle and wire up
- try and fix rear door card
- source steering wheel and airbag and fit
- source front indicators and fit
- fit front bumper

If the above is done - and it can be comfortably done in an afternoon (assuming no problems) - the car can go for an MOT ...

Of the above is the bits in red I think I need help sourcing please - any suggestions gratefully received.

Best

Robson Rover Repair 25th February 2011 01:48

It would be a great touch if the number plates had the original rover style press plates as discussed in other threads! :}

Christopher 25th February 2011 01:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin_NI (Post 679974)
It would be a great touch if the number plates had the original rover style press plates as discussed in other threads! :}

for the moment standard plates to get it through the MOT, lots of body work needed to be done first - final plates can be the finishing touch ;)

David3807 25th February 2011 10:34

Christopher,

Think you should already have a steering wheel (without airbag). Left a grey one with the wheels at lates last year.

David

stocktake 25th February 2011 12:05

I have front indicater lenses somewhere, just let me know where to send them Christopher.