The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   can anyone help? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=297349)

Marts motor 10th July 2019 21:44

can anyone help?

My 1.8 Connie has been off the road for nearly 3 years, many, many reasons, I want to get it back on the road but my mechanic has retired. Can anyone recommend a mechanic for me in the Mill Hill/ North London area. Many thanks for any help. Martin

planenut 11th July 2019 08:37

Wow good luck with that. If it's been on it's wheels you may have to consider a fresh set to get started. Are you intending doing any of the work yourself?

Marts motor 11th July 2019 08:48

Unfortunately not well enough to do any of the work, but yes I know its going to be a job and a half.

SD1too 11th July 2019 09:43

Martin,

How about asking mobile club problem solvers Chris in Portsmouth (who has a T4) or ??? in Warwickshire if they would be prepared to travel to you? Being familiar with the 75 they will be better equipped to concentrate on the areas likely to need attention.

Simon

planenut 11th July 2019 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marts motor (Post 2746896)
Unfortunately not well enough to do any of the work, but yes I know its going to be a job and a half.

That's a shame Martin, but not impossible.

As suggested by Simon, perhaps a mobile mech. but start by thinking about what you want to achieve, long term. The inevitable list may help, but each will have their own idea as to how go about it.

I copied this into a search engine and got zillions of hits, have a go...
"car not been used for three years, what to do".

Marts motor 11th July 2019 10:15

Thanks, will contact them but doubt they would want to travel that far. loads of work will be needed.

SD1too 11th July 2019 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marts motor (Post 2746919)
... but doubt they would want to travel that far. loads of work will be needed.

Don't be negative Martin! Naturally you'll be reimbursing their travel expenses. :D

What makes you think that loads of work will be needed?

Simon

Marts motor 11th July 2019 11:39

the car hasn't been started in 3 years so, hopefully nothings seized but the way my lucks going.....My daughter has said that she would like to have the car so I don't want to cut corners as I would if it had been just for me.

slovcan 11th July 2019 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marts motor (Post 2746950)
the car hasn't been started in 3 years so, hopefully nothings seized but the way my lucks going.....My daughter has said that she would like to have the car so I don't want to cut corners as I would if it had been just for me.

Probably not as bad as you may think. I'd expect a new battery, fluid changes, maybe a stuck caliper or two to be freed up and a set of tires unless they were only a year or two old when you parked her.

These guys are a super helpful bunch. Keep your chin up!

Cheers,
Glenn

planenut 12th July 2019 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marts motor (Post 2746950)

Martin, has your daughter any inclination to help restore the car? could you run the project together? not talking of the major items at this stage.