The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Flushed with success (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=309224)

donc 13th November 2020 15:56

Flushed with success

cold passenger side heating has been resolved with a flushing additive (Wynns), running the car for a couple of days, then reverse flushing the matrix. Better than taking the matrix out!!

macafee2 13th November 2020 16:53

well done that man

macafee2

trikey 13th November 2020 18:02

A good result 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shuriken_57 13th November 2020 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by donc (Post 2847965)
cold passenger side heating has been resolved with a flushing additive (Wynns), running the car for a couple of days, then reverse flushing the matrix. Better than taking the matrix out!!

Hello, I have the same problem on my 75 2.5 v6.
I will try to purge my cooling circuit.
Can you explain to me how you proceeded and what is this product?
Thank you very much.

donc 13th November 2020 20:41

Flushed with success

the product available at any car accessory shop is a radiator and matrix flush and cost about £8 i think. Simply add to the cooling system, after having let some coolant out, then drive for a few miles in low gear so it circulates well. When it's cooled off disconnect the inlet and outlet pipes to the matrix and use a hospipe to reverse flush the system. I was lucky that this cleared out the gunge that was part blocking the matrix. I gather that doesn't always work unfortunately and the cure then might be a new matrix.

Shuriken_57 14th November 2020 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by donc (Post 2848026)
the product available at any car accessory shop is a radiator and matrix flush and cost about £8 i think. Simply add to the cooling system, after having let some coolant out, then drive for a few miles in low gear so it circulates well. When it's cooled off disconnect the inlet and outlet pipes to the matrix and use a hospipe to reverse flush the system. I was lucky that this cleared out the gunge that was part blocking the matrix. I gather that doesn't always work unfortunately and the cure then might be a new matrix.

Thanks you, i 'll try this. :}

roverbarmy 14th November 2020 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by donc (Post 2848026)

The product that I used years ago was Holts speedflush. It could be added to the cooling system (after removing enough coolant for it to displace). The instructions then said to run it up to temperature several times, then flush the system with water before draining again and refilling with coolant mixture. As various products were either acidic, or in some cases, alkaline (not good with aluminium!) it was important to flush out well, or risk further damage by the product! Check the instructions on your product carefully to avoid damage to alloy parts or seals.;)

inzer 15th November 2020 14:34

Last year, I tried putting two dishwasher tablets into the system. I drove with it for about a week and then I changed the fluid. Everything is fine and everywhere is warm.