The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Rear springs white (RL) information (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=314047)

Kamil93 12th July 2021 13:09

Rear springs white (RL) information

Hello everybody,

I'am still going through issues with harsh ride on my manual CDT. I have completely refurb front and rear suspension over last 1,5 year but I still missing the "magic carpet" feel. Far far away from that. Have changed all 4 engine mounts too. But I still have some knocks on take off and lift off. No knocks when I hit some potholes however.

I have no idea what to change now :duh:

Only one desperate idea: I have bought rear springs by Rimmers in huge sale (WHITE COLOUR CODE, RL). It was stated they are for diesel. In this time I didnt know about the C.I. codes so I bought them instead of RB PINK COLOUR - which should be originaly fitted. The car is sitting visually a lot higher at the rear end.

So, could be the harsh ride due wrong springs fitted ?

Does anybody have some information about WHITE RL springs (some measures etc), because they seems to be a bit generic to me. The PINK ones should have 277,5 mm of free lenght.

Will anybody help me with this discomfort ? :D

Thanks

stocktake 12th July 2021 13:19

Knocking could be the lower engine mount but if you have changed that still worth a check up. Also have a look at the front arm rear bushes for wear, after that for knocking on take up and lift off your looking at the drive train.
What size wheels are you running on?

Kamil93 12th July 2021 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 2890871)

Standard 16' Union with prescribted tyres 215/65/16. It's the same on winters 15'.

Kamil93 12th July 2021 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamil93 (Post 2890872)
Standard 16' Union with prescribted tyres 215/65/16. It's the same on winters 15'.

The lower mount seems to be OK. But that doesn't mean to be so. This is the oldest part - 3 years in service to be honest. It's from Ali - but supposed to be SAIC part.
The lower arms and their bushes are from DMGRS, I dont want to believe they are shot after 10 months again :D

stocktake 12th July 2021 13:30

Assuming you have checked the drop links, but as you will know these are notorious for failing but tend to show more on pot holes / uneven ground.

Kamil93 12th July 2021 14:11

Only by hand tbh stocktake. It's not the knock but the overall feel what is driving me nuts. It's like Flinstones' cart. Like nobody has ever change one single part. Car is hard as hell. The engine mounts did the biggest difference.

I'll check the droplinks again.

chris75 12th July 2021 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamil93 (Post 2890870)
. The car is sitting visually a lot higher at the rear end.

Thanks

I have read that the measurement from rear wheel centre to the wheel arch above should be about 400 mm on a 75 . How does yours compare to that ?

Arctic 12th July 2021 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamil93 (Post 2890870)
Hello everybody,

I'am still going through issues with harsh ride on my manual CDT. I have completely refurb front and rear suspension over last 1,5 year but I still missing the "magic carpet" feel. Far far away from that. Have changed all 4 engine mounts too. But I still have some knocks on take off and lift off. No knocks when I hit some potholes however.

I have no idea what to change now :duh:

Only one desperate idea: I have bought rear springs by Rimmers in huge sale (WHITE COLOUR CODE, RL). It was stated they are for diesel. In this time I didnt know about the C.I. codes so I bought them instead of RB PINK COLOUR - which should be originaly fitted. The car is sitting visually a lot higher at the rear end.

Quote:

Does anybody have some information about WHITE RL springs (some measures etc), because they seems to be a bit generic to me. The PINK ones should have 277,5 mm of free lenght.

Will anybody help me with this discomfort ? :D

Thanks

They are 28cm = 280mm of free length i think Dave also purchased some of these at the same time as i did, comfort ride i think they were or are.

They are for saloons only as opposed to a tourer which i now have, so are in my spares box, i am sure they will come in handy one day.
https://i.imgur.com/u7Jjxlul.jpg1

macafee2 13th July 2021 07:05

I have a feeling my rear springs on my CDT are Green White.

macafee2

Kamil93 13th July 2021 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 2890871)
Knocking could be the lower engine mount but if you have changed that still worth a check up. Also have a look at the front arm rear bushes for wear, after that for knocking on take up and lift off your looking at the drive train.

By the drive train do you mean driveshafts and it's CV joints ? I have one in stock, because I suspected them before already.