The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   chery geely dongfeng great wall wanjitown siming mountain suspension co. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=300071)

marinabrian 18th October 2019 19:38

chery geely dongfeng great wall wanjitown siming mountain suspension co.

LINK

Enjoy :drool4:

charlie 22 18th October 2019 19:49

Do you have to buy in bulk to get that price?

Mickyboy 18th October 2019 19:50

Made with pride eh :D think I’ll get them a miss
Mick

marinabrian 18th October 2019 19:52

At last the spring cup is in the right sort of place, and the ARB drop link bracket I suppose :D

https://sc01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB10Q4oM...r-75-mg-zt.jpg

sworks 18th October 2019 19:53

I was going to post a comment but after mrs sworks stopped laughing thought it better that I didn’t :D

marinabrian 18th October 2019 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie 22 (Post 2769498)
Do you have to buy in bulk to get that price?

I don't know, who fancies a group buy ??

Brian :getmecoat:

marinabrian 18th October 2019 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by sworks (Post 2769501)
I was going to post a comment but after mrs sworks stopped laughing thought it better that I didn’t :D

You have to love the branding chery geely dongfeng great wall..........my sides are hurting :D

BigRuss 18th October 2019 19:57

:laughing2::laughing2::laughing2::laughing2::laugh ing2::laughing2::laughing2:

Russ

Snetty 18th October 2019 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2769502)
I don't know, who fancies a group buy ??

Brian :getmecoat:

Oh go on then:D, you know you can't resist:D:D

marinabrian 18th October 2019 20:01

Right, so the minimum order is five, so at the maximum price $75 plus shipping, or if enough for five cars, $150 for ten......I've sent an email to Jessica Zhang for more details :eek:

Oh and priced in GBP here.......LINK

I wonder how many you need to buy to get them for 79 pence each then :shrug:

bl52krz 18th October 2019 20:06

Just asked for a price on 1,000 pears? Also asked for a sample of the cabrio type?

COLVERT 18th October 2019 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2769506)
Right, so the minimum order is five, so at the maximum price $75 plus shipping, or if enough for five cars, $150 for ten......I've sent an email to Jessica Zhang for more details :eek:

Following your link that company has posted so much detailed info it must be true.--------( Maybe. Lol )

Where on earth did you find it Brian ??

BigRuss 18th October 2019 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2769512)
Following your link that company has posted so much detailed info it must be true.--------( Maybe. Lol )

Where on earth did you find it Brian ??

I found it a couple of days ago and let Brian know about it this evening, we were laughing so much earlier it hurt :laughing2::laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:

The information on parts for our cars and the Chinese cars have been available for years, if you look hard enough ;)

Russ

WillyHeckaslike 18th October 2019 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2769502)
I don't know, who fancies a group buy ??Brian :getmecoat:

I'm up for this. Sold my spares to help a local member last year and not found suitable replacements yet. If it helps I might be able to make up some of the order and maybe hold some to be sold on to members in need as per croft's door finishers ... not for profit that is.

Snetty 18th October 2019 21:18

Looked at the trading company website, :eek:
https://www.cinaautoparts.com/europe...uto-parts-html

Dallas 18th October 2019 21:41

I done a wide China wholesale search for parts for our cars some time ago, gave up looking, the replies would just come back with an unavailability, seems many listings lay dormant. :shrug:

I hope this is not the case for these, I may have even tried them already though.

If you go direct to their own websites, you can usually find more info.

Arctic 18th October 2019 21:45

So therefore all if not most of the parts we are finding or being offered for our cars may well be coming from this source ? I think I will stick to the Unipart items I tend to find now and again, wouldn't it have been great if they made the arms.

https://www.cinaautoparts.com/saic-auto-parts-html

Lovel 19th October 2019 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2769506)

Add at least 50% for import duty, and air freight is none too cheap either unless you can wait 6-8 weeks for surface vessel

roverbarmy 19th October 2019 10:52

I see that they fit the "Stufenhech" model too! :D

wraymond 19th October 2019 11:34

I thought the interpretation of stufenhech was a heck of a stiff neck.

I have great admiration for the ingenuity and opportunistic nature of our Chinese cousins. They are somewhat behind our industrial revolution of c.19th Century but have obviously studied it at length.

Maybe there is a possibility of a growth industry in translation/interpretation techniques but our proficiency in their language does need massive improvement. They impress with their enthusiasm.

clf 19th October 2019 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic (Post 2769526)
So therefore all if not most of the parts we are finding or being offered for our cars may well be coming from this source ? I think I will stick to the Unipart items I tend to find now and again, wouldn't have been great if they made the arms.

https://www.cinaautoparts.com/saic-auto-parts-html

can get them via Alibaba too (although seems from Singapore)

https://sg102942059.fm.alibaba.com/p...7e363e1ea8JUsn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

direct from the manufacturer HERE?

tantallon 19th October 2019 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2769509)
Just asked for a price on 1,000 pears? Also asked for a sample of the cabrio type?

Any good fruit and veg shop or supermarket will supply you with pears .Why go to China.

WillyHeckaslike 19th October 2019 15:08

No doubt some of our words will be amusing to those in other countries but their grasp of English on the whole I suspect will be greater than that of their language by the majority of those in the UK. The words Chery, Geely, Dongfeng and Great Wall when Googled appear to be Chinese motor manufacturers - SAIC being but one other. China has more motor manufacturers than we could shake a stick at, the old adage that "he who laughs last" comes to mind. The best quality rear upper suspension arms of late and notwithstanding the original Rover oem's have come from China. I will hold judgement and be thankful if something good can come of this.

COLVERT 19th October 2019 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike (Post 2769631)
No doubt some of our words will be amusing to those in other countries but their grasp of English on the whole I suspect will be greater than that of their language by the majority of those in the UK. The words Chery, Geely, Dongfeng and Great Wall when Googled appear to be Chinese motor manufacturers - SAIC being but one other. China has more motor manufacturers than we could shake a stick at, the old adage that "he who laughs last" comes to mind. The best quality rear upper suspension arms of late and notwithstanding the original Rover oem's have come from China. I will hold judgement and be thankful if something good can come of this.

I have a grandson who is married to a Chinese girl. She speaks perfect English with a slight accent.

I also have another grandson who is married to an Ethiopian girl again who speaks perfect English.

Finally a granddaughter who is married to an Indian. ( Not RED. Lol. )

Bernard Fishtrousers 19th October 2019 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike (Post 2769631)
The words Chery, Geely, Dongfeng and Great Wall when Googled appear to be Chinese motor manufacturers.

I'm surprised you not seen some of these on British roads already. The Great Wall Steed for example, doesn't look too bad at all for the market segment it's intended for.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/sites/auto...?itok=oxYDJVdC

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/great-wall/steed

DMGRS 19th October 2019 20:03

Pretty sure these don’t exist - was having a fairly good chat with them when they stopped responding. :D
I only wanted some samples, too!

Ian G 19th October 2019 20:16

The big mystery for me in how the word "Stufenhech" got past the forum swear filter..:D:eek::eek:

bl52krz 19th October 2019 23:13

As a nation we are too idle to learn another language because most people in other countries speak English. Say’s something about us does it not.

roverbarmy 20th October 2019 08:26

I've just got back from Greece, where most folks speak English. I was amused to see the German tourists having to order in English as the Greeks said that they couldn't understand German! I think that there may have been a bit of historical repayment going on (which became hysterical for the English onlookers, particularly the wink and smile from the Greek waiter as he left the table). Naughty but gave me a smile!:getmecoat:

Dallas 20th October 2019 08:38

The Dongfeng A9 looks pretty impressive. :eek:

stevestrat 20th October 2019 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2769738)
As a nation we are too idle to learn another language because most people in other countries speak English. Say’s something about us does it not.

You don't need to learn a foreign language, just shout and gesticulate wildly.

COLVERT 20th October 2019 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2769738)

They go for English as it's the easiest language in the world to learn.--:D

French--Verb. TO GO.---Aller.

English.---------------French.
I go. ------------------Je vais
You go. ---------------Tu vas.
He goes. --------------Il/Elle va.

We go. ----------------Nous allons.
You go. ----------------Vous allez.
They go. ---------------Ils/Elles vont.

See why English is easy.-------:D:D:D

Living over here I've had to learn that lot. Not easy I can tell you.---:cool:

stevestrat 20th October 2019 10:56

We had a holiday in France a few years ago. I was surprised how much of my school French came back to me.

steve-45 20th October 2019 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 2769783)
We had a holiday in France a few years ago. I was surprised how much of my school French came back to me.

So where did you find a use for “ this is the pencil of my aunt “ ? ;)

marinabrian 20th October 2019 11:37

The song "one elephant fell down on my mother" is a classic of primary school French lessons :getmecoat:

stevestrat 20th October 2019 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2769794)
The song "one elephant fell down on my mother" is a classic of primary school French lessons :getmecoat:

I was way above that level, "O" level French . . . . which I failed dismally but some of it obviously stuck.

dattrike 20th October 2019 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-45 (Post 2769787)
So where did you find a use for “ this is the pencil of my aunt “ ? ;)

Wi "la plume de ma t'aunt et dans le jardain"
From my memory(very suspect) means "my aunt's pen is in the garden" very useful if your aunt has lost her pen in France

Sent from my LG-M200 using Tapatalk

stevestrat 20th October 2019 17:37

You think that's bad, I did German as well and the only phrase that stuck in my mind (God knows why) is: "Das spiegelei ist in der pfanne" . . . . the fried egg is in the pan. You struggle to get that into an everyday conversation.

COLVERT 20th October 2019 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by dattrike (Post 2769834)
Wi "la plume de ma t'aunt et dans le jardain"
From my memory(very suspect) means "my aunt's pen is in the garden" very useful if your aunt has lost her pen in France

Sent from my LG-M200 using Tapatalk

Very handy too if you just happen to be drinking some wine in the glorious sunshine and decide you want to write a letter.---:D:D---:wine::wine::wine:

COLVERT 20th October 2019 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 2769783)

Schoolboy French, eh

And I bet you ended up with lots of poisseux bonbons, limonade gazeuse and chunks of Barbe a Papa.--;)

Dallas 22nd October 2019 07:30

I'm currently on live chat, currently waiting price for 25 sets.

Jeff Chang2019-10-22 02:04
yes,all mg rover parts we can supply

Jeff Chang2019-10-22 08:18
it is heavy,only delivery by sea,it is ok

Dallas 22nd October 2019 08:20

Jeff Chang2019-10-22 08:31
RGG104962/RGG104972 cost in china only original parts USD150 one set, 25 set cost USD3750(EXW cost), freight by sea from china to UK need USD300(don't including import duty), so total cost USD4050, if you agree,you can pay us by western union.

So who wants in? Its cheap, but not that cheap.

£115.99GBP one set (2x piece).

£2,899.71GBP 25x sets (50x piece).

£231.98GBP shipping by sea (not including import duty).

WillyHeckaslike 22nd October 2019 13:57

Does the shipping cost include insurance Wes? If so then we could be looking at ~ £168.55 a pair delivered to the door in the UK if say £13 is allowed for UK postage. There might be a little difference here or there depending on which online currency converter and import duty calculator is used and indeed when they are used as currency values fluctuate. But I think it is going to be there or there about. Then again my figures could be out so perhaps someone could check them too.

:smilie_re: The UK shipping cost of £13 is also a guesstimate which may or may not be enough. :getmecoat:

Dallas 22nd October 2019 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike (Post 2770396)
Does the shipping cost include insurance Wes? If so then we could be looking at ~ £168.55 a pair delivered to the door in the UK if say £13 is allowed for UK postage. There might be a little difference here or there depending on which online currency converter and import duty calculator is used and indeed when they are used as currency values fluctuate. But I think it is going to be there or there about. Then again my figures could be out so perhaps someone could check them too.

:smilie_re: The UK shipping cost of £13 is also a guesstimate which may or may not be enough. :getmecoat:

Willy, I will have to check if shipping insurance was included or not.

We are looking at a landing price of roughly £3,900 for 25x sets. I hate paying the asking price for anything, so I'm sure we can haggle a bit more on that... :D

£150/£160 seems about right for one pair.

clf 22nd October 2019 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas (Post 2770405)
Willy, I will have to check if shipping insurance was included or not.

We are looking at a landing price of roughly £3,900 for 25x sets. I hate paying the asking price for anything, so I'm sure we can haggle a bit more on that... :D

£150/£160 seems about right for one pair.

is this including import duty, vat and any handling fee (most couriers will charge this for paying the import duty on your behalf)?

Surely the cost from DMGRS is too similar to make this a worthwhile consideration, providing those come as they did 4 or 5 years ago? Especially when you take in warranty issues (not there is much to go wrong lol). Or are you looking into this for a mathematical exercise?

I do wish I had bought a pair when I got my subframe. If I recall, they were $25 each then - I was bringing other things in, so there wouldnt have been a lot, more. I did get a few bits and pieces though.

Dallas 22nd October 2019 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2770410)
is this including import duty, vat and any handling fee (most couriers will charge this for paying the import duty on your behalf)?

Surely the cost from DMGRS is too similar to make this a worthwhile consideration, providing those come as they did 4 or 5 years ago? Especially when you take in warranty issues (not there is much to go wrong lol). Or are you looking into this for a mathematical exercise?

I do wish I had bought a pair when I got my subframe. If I recall, they were $25 each then - I was bringing other things in, so there wouldnt have been a lot, more. I did get a few bits and pieces though.

£2,899.71 is for 25x sets (£115.99 per set).

Shipping is £231.98 by sea, not including duty or tax, these fee's should calculate at roughly £765 if I have my sums correct. This gives us a £3,900 landing price once fees are paid.

£155 per pair buying price once in the UK, but I'm sure we can get that price down a bit further by using some hard, but friendly business tactics, as there is certainly no profit to be made.

If these arms have the cup in the correct place, then it may well be worth a punt.

It may also be a good idea to place a sample order first for one pair, make sure the quality is what we want. Shipping will be expensive for one set as it will need to be sent the Express method, its food for thought. :}

Richard1973 22nd October 2019 20:54

One of the pictures has DMGRS business card on it unless I am mistaken

Dallas 22nd October 2019 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard1973 (Post 2770471)
One of the pictures has DMGRS business card on it unless I am mistaken

Same photo by the looks of things Sherlock, also two of the other photos are the same.

https://www.dmgrs.co.uk/products/r75...78500880&_ss=r

bl52krz 22nd October 2019 21:18

Why not buy them from Dmgrs. Special offer on at the moment. Simples. And 5 years warranty not 1 year.

Dallas 22nd October 2019 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2770487)
Why not buy them from Dmgrs. Special offer on at the moment. Simples.

I think Brian started this thread in favour of the photo on Alibaba showing the correct positioned cup, and the incredibly low price of $1.00 - $25.00/ 5 piece min order.

As I understand it, Matt can no longer get hold of the correct positioned cup arms, hence this post.

After chatting to Mr Chang this morning, and in light of what we have learned this evening regarding the photos, its safe to say these arms on Alibaba will have the same incorrect positioned cup placement, same as what is available everywhere else. :getmecoat:

clf 22nd October 2019 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas (Post 2770490)
I think Brian started this thread in favour of the photo on Alibaba showing the correct positioned cup, and the incredibly low price of $1.00 - $25.00/ 5 piece min order.

As I understand it, Matt can no longer get hold of the correct positioned cup arms, hence this post.

After chatting to Mr Chang this morning, and in light of what we have learned this evening regarding the photos, its safe to say these arms on Alibaba will have the same incorrect positioned cup placement, same as what is available everywhere else. :getmecoat:

post 22

WillyHeckaslike 22nd October 2019 22:46

My interest was to try to give some redundancy to the supply chain. Matt has only recently come back on stream with what I expect will be plug-and-play arms of the quality that he has previously supplied from China. Indeed I have recently ordered a pair from him myself on the back of the assurance that he has posted of to that effect on his own thread which is running concurrent with this one atm.

The pics mentioned on this thread I suspect might well be Matt's which the Chinese seller has found on the net and used out of convenience in a generic fashion. Generic pics may or may not be exact replicas of what you might expect to receive and given the problems with the Indian arms it would be wise to seek confirmation from the seller of what is being sold re the quality that we require.

ceedy 22nd October 2019 22:50

Why ??

If dmgrs is going to do them for 70 quids ? And give a 5 years warranty ?

Dallas 23rd October 2019 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2770495)

In that case, why the hell Brian started this thread is beyond me, only he can answer that. Maybe it was due to the US$1.00 - US$25.00 / Pieces | 5 Piece/Pieces (Min. Order) that first attracted his attention. :shrug:

I myself making contact with Taizhou Cina Auto Parts yesterday morning was to confirm if the arms were available, and to confirm that low price, but obviously the price I got quoted was different to what is advertised. :shrug:

I would imagine if we could have got the arms for 25USD =(£19.42) we would all be jumping for joy by now, but as it stands the cheapest price quoted is £60.19 per arm.

Not really worth the leg work if Matt is selling them for £70, I didn't even know that was the case, I thought they were £120.

clf 23rd October 2019 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas (Post 2770532)
In that case, why the hell Brian started this thread is beyond me, only he can answer that. Maybe it was due to the US$1.00 - US$25.00 / Pieces | 5 Piece/Pieces (Min. Order) that first attracted his attention. :shrug:

I myself making contact with Taizhou Cina Auto Parts yesterday morning was to confirm if the arms were available, and to confirm that low price, but obviously the price I got quoted was different to what is advertised. :shrug:

I would imagine if we could have got the arms for 25USD =(£19.42) we would all be jumping for joy by now, but as it stands the cheapest price quoted is £60.19 per arm.

Not really worth the leg work if Matt is selling them for £70, I didn't even know that was the case, I thought they were £120.

It is not my place to say, however, my reading of the title it suggested the alleged compatibility of our arms with various other manufacturers especially with such (to us) ridiculous names - except perhaps the Camry???? :eek::eek::shrug::shrug: (they wont be!). Add this with the ridiculous price of some chinese supplied and made parts - even though a lot of what we buy in the factors and shops could in facts be the same, it would make one question or at least pause for thought.

Your efforts are appreciated, do not doubt that, although due to the recent announcement from DMGRS it was somewhat confusing (which has now been explained by your ignorance of it).

Incidentally, the incorrectly placed mounts, apparently are on the arms made in India, whereas the Chinese ones were correct. That is not to say though that they will be correct or wrong. I only have experience of the chinese made ones, which were as good as you could hope for.

DMGRS 23rd October 2019 22:53

From what I can tell, the cups should be in the correct position on the arms we're having made up - please see our other thread for a couple of pictures (in the General Forum).

To my knowledge, they're exactly the same as the MGR original arms and are made using identical tooling.

bl52krz 24th October 2019 22:35

I am sure that after the assurances from Matt, that they will be the same as the ones he sold before(193), that if they are not as described, he will honour the usual guarantee of misdescribed items, and you will get your money back if you do not want them?

DMGRS 25th October 2019 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2770906)
I am sure that after the assurances from Matt, that they will be the same as the ones he sold before(193), that if they are not as described, he will honour the usual guarantee of misdescribed items, and you will get your money back if you do not want them?

Absolutely, as with everything we sell.
I'm 100,000% confident these are exactly what owners need - well priced and of satisfactory quality.