The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Launch Car on AutoTrader (T975 UOX) (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=320569)

TheSoundCollector 16th August 2022 15:30

Launch Car on AutoTrader (T975 UOX)

To whom it may concern...
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-det...ad=Used&page=3

scoubix 16th August 2022 20:11

Not a launch car as it's too early for that (1st registered on 19th April 1999, the first production car (and 1st launch car) was built on the 26th. The specs also don't match exactly those of a launch car, it doesn't have traction control but does have Harman-Kardon which the launch cars didn't have.
This one is a pre-production car, VIN is SARRJZLLMXM001760.
Will need a lot of TLC from the person who gets it...

vitesse 16th August 2022 21:24

There's a pre-production for sale locally with some non-structural issues, it's been standing in a car park for some time but sadly most of us already have too many cars.

A lot of work on the Autotrader one and previous welding by farmer Giles, but check again as I see what I believe is a traction control motor in the engine bay.

Regards

scoubix 16th August 2022 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitesse (Post 2942876)
There's a pre-production for sale locally with some non-structural issues, it's been standing in a car park for some time but sadly most of us already have too many cars.

A lot of work on the Autotrader one and previous welding by farmer Giles, but check again as I see what I believe is a traction control motor in the engine bay.

Regards

There are only 4 buttons on the centre console and the ad text claims it has cruise control and rear sunblind, so traction control would not be there...

The Rovering Member 16th August 2022 22:50

It certainly has some history. Let's hope it ends up in the right hands.

stocktake 17th August 2022 06:06

It is possible this could be a launch car that has been "personalised". You can see the traction control unit on the bulkhead (lord knows where the switch is but owners do move the switches around) As I understand it the pre production cars all had 0 as the 12th digit on the vin and launch/production cars had 1 ( last four digits on pre production would be 0***** and launch 1*****)
My launch car last six digits are 100886 and has a registered date of 18th June 1999

Edit: If indeed the Vin is as stated in scoubix's post (ending 001760) then it really does confuse things as it is indeed a pre launch VIN.

BRG75 17th August 2022 06:33

If you read the description, and then "read more"; traction control is actually listed.

Certainly a car to be preserved, in part because of the photo with "significant players"

Regards

Mike

scoubix 17th August 2022 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 2942892)
It is possible this could be a launch car that has been "personalised". You can see the traction control unit on the bulkhead (lord knows where the switch is but owners do move the switches around) As I understand it the pre production cars all had 0 as the 12th digit on the vin and launch/production cars had 1 ( last four digits on pre production would be 0***** and launch 1*****)
My launch car last six digits are 100886 and has a registered date of 18th June 1999

Edit: If indeed the Vin is as stated in scoubix's post (ending 001760) then it really does confuse things as it is indeed a pre launch VIN.

Still Harman-Kardon doesn’t match with dealer launch spec.

I can definitely confirm the VIN, I have an MGR database matching VRNs to VINs, and this one turns out with said VIN, it matches the build records too in terms of specs. Definitely pre-production…
As to where the traction control button is, being a preproduction it may have not been wired in completely, who knows?
Also comes up on several online query tools with said VIN and 1st reg date predates the very first launch car anyway.

myfirstrover 18th August 2022 12:01

Could be a nice car once the cills are sorted out

TheSoundCollector 18th August 2022 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoubix (Post 2943010)
I can definitely confirm the VIN, I have an MGR database matching VRNs to VINs, and this one turns out with said VIN, it matches the build records too in terms of specs. Definitely pre-production…
As to where the traction control button is, being a preproduction it may have not been wired in completely, who knows?
Also comes up on several online query tools with said VIN and 1st reg date predates the very first launch car anyway.

Curiouser and curiouser! I had guessed it was launch spec given the, well, spec... :getmecoat:
Even so, quite the rare thing to pop up on AutoTrader! It's one of several interesting/rare cars on the market at the moment.