The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Chest Pains, what a couple of days ! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=38399)

stocktake 19th May 2009 15:36

Chest Pains, what a couple of days !

OK so Monday morning off to work, not been feeling too crackey recently and I do take medication for high blood pressure and have done for many a year, it's checked every 6 month and is always under control.

Suffered some serious chest pains around 9:15 am, through to my shoulder and up my neck. Similar to pains I had around ten year ago.

Straight to A&E where a very helpful young man promptly hooked me up to the ECG machine and took my blood pressure and said every thing is fine mate, just wait here to see the doctor.

Duly saw the doctor mid morning and had a chat, agreed it was best to be admitted and It appears that in the case of a suspected heart attack you have to take a blood test 12 hours later to confirm or rule out Heart attack.

Admitted to ward and second ECG around 12noon, again told all looks OK. blood test scheduled for 9pm.

8;30 pm nurse came to see me to say there was an abnormality they had just noticed in the ECG's, I was confined to bed, moved to directly opposite the nurses station and constantley connected to the ECG machine. Blood test taken at 9pm. On the ECG machine through the night.

Finally at 3pm this afternoon the head consultant came to see me to say there was NO abnormality with the ECG's there was NO evidence of a heart attack or any problem with my heart for that matter. All blood tests came back showing no problem. They are to refer me to my GP for further tests to try to establish the cause of the pain I had (Never found out 10 yr ago either)

So now I am back at home wondering just who the hell gave me the fright of my life, All the Head consultant can say is to assure me all the tests and results are perfectly normal and my heart is healthy and fine.

JohnDotCom 19th May 2009 15:39

Sorry to hear of the Problems Dave, and that must have been a nasty avoidable shock to you, given by the Hospital.
Hope you feel well again soon, and take it easy.

StevenWilliams 19th May 2009 15:49

Stop complaining. It's the new NHS money saving procedures.

If they think you may have a heart problem they rule it out by giving you the fright of your life.

If you live they tell you to go home. No blood expensive blood tests and the TAX payer saves a few quid. :D

Hope you are well. I still owe you a few pints.. Don't want anything to happen to you until I repay my debts...

On the other hand..........;):D

ragitty 19th May 2009 16:14

Dave sorry to hear about your health problems also it does not help you as a person when they say there is nothing to be found...makes you wonder all the more.

If you need anything Dave you only have to ask. hoping for a speedy recovery.;)

Possible cause.........to much spam

GreyGhost 19th May 2009 16:54

Sorry to hear your tale of woe Dave, hope all is well now.

sworks 19th May 2009 16:58

Hope your feeling better soon Dave

Tatts 19th May 2009 17:16

Wiv all sin ow tha shifts them fry-ups + extra lard oe'er in Rovrum! :D

Seriously though, glad it's not cardiac related.

Sounds like something I suffered from a few years back. Fifth paragraph.

podge 19th May 2009 17:25

I am glad you are o.k. Dave.........I wonder if you have been eating too much SPAM and it was just chronic indigestion!!!!;)

stocktake 19th May 2009 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by podge (Post 331743)
I am glad you are o.k. Dave.........I wonder if you have been eating too much SPAM and it was just chronic indigestion!!!!;)

Don't you start P. what is the forum coming to :D

baggie9 19th May 2009 17:37

Sorry to hear of your health problems,Ive gone through the same thing over the last 4 years finaly diagnosed unstable angina.Its important for people to have cholestriel tests mine was 10.6 and ive never smoked,dont drink ,not over weight and my diet is good.