The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Fuel prices (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=304057)

SCP440 5th April 2020 20:15

Fuel prices

Has anybody noticed the fuel prices at the moment?

We went shopping yesterday for food and on the way back the low fuel warning light came on in her car ( why do women always leave it until then) so we popped into fill it up. £1.09 :shock: I was amazed and the cashier said the next load booked in is even cheaper. How sad is this, we are all on lockdown and we cant even take advantage of the cheap fuel with the good weather.

Hopefully everybody is staying safe. It was good to see most people have stayed at home this weekend with the good weather.

macafee2 5th April 2020 20:16

yes noticed yesterday but it was £1.14 not to far from me. I had to go out as I had damaged a lens in my glasses, all ordered over the phone. Just took glasses for them to put the lens in, shop was "closed" with a desk outside. They just unlocked the door and took the glasses from the desk, I think all customers were dealt with that way, no-one in the shop

macafee2

BigShug20 5th April 2020 20:19

It was showing as £1.04 in my area. Would've loved to have driven my car on such cheap diesel! But needs must :P Hope everyone reading this is well and safe!

Snetty 6th April 2020 07:06

Noticed petrol priced at £1.02 in Lesmahagow last week.

steve-45 6th April 2020 11:53

I wonder if it will stay at this price once we're all let out ? :shrug:

suzublu 6th April 2020 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-45 (Post 2804044)
I wonder if it will stay at this price once we're all let out ? :shrug:

I guarantee it will rocket back up;):D

drewbie 6th April 2020 12:11

Of course it will, it's only cheap now because nobody's buying it. Best I can find local in the SE £1.18

victorgte 6th April 2020 12:31

Petrol £1.09 and diesel £1.12.
I’m putting £50 in all 3 cars and using them in rotation to go to work. They all need to be used otherwise I’ll have 1 or 2 flat batteries. We can’t even go for a week in Ireland to see family but it’s far more important to be rid of this virus.

I was astonished to see a couple pulling a caravan yesterday on the M5 south. How would you explain that one to a copper?

Mike Trident 6th April 2020 12:35

£1.02 at two supermarkets near me.

SCP440 6th April 2020 16:57

A friend who works in the oil industry was telling me today the problem is bigger than we think, apparently these oil wells have ongoing costs and even at low oil prices it is better to keep pumping than stop. Seems crazy to me but what do I know?

The other problem is because the world normally consumes x amount of oil on a daily, weekly and monthly basis there is enough storage to take the peaks and troughs out of the system but apart from each countries reserves for emergencies there is no magic way of storing it.

The problem is once you have every bulk storage, tanker and vehicle filled with fuel and oil where else do you store it?

He reckons that there is enough storage for about another month to 6 weeks but if this goes on for several months they will have to shut down some of the oil wells so it will take time to get back to where they will need to be once the world gets back to normal.