The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Bonnet open warning when shut. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=292825)

matchless 11th February 2019 07:44

Bonnet open warning when shut.

Hi,
I have just replaced the bonnet switch with a new one from Rimmers, as my dash and alarm was indicating it was open.
This has not cured the problem, so I am wondering if the switch is on part of the loom that can be unplugged and replaced (the loom that is).
I am hoping its just a damaged loom.
Thanks
Paul.

Arctic 11th February 2019 09:24

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by matchless (Post 2710449)
Hi,
I have just replaced the bonnet switch with a new one from Rimmers, as my dash and alarm was indicating it was open.
This has not cured the problem, so I am wondering if the switch is on part of the loom that can be unplugged and replaced (the loom that is).
I am hoping its just a damaged loom.
Thanks
Paul.

Hi Paul.
Also posted on your wanted thread the same as below ;)

Open the bonnet hold down the bonnet switch or get someone to do it while you try and lock the car, if it works then you know that the bonnet is just not pushing down on the switch enough, check the locking latches are free and the half moon moves freely, if so then adjust the bonnet stays turn them in a thread at a time.

matchless 11th February 2019 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic (Post 2710466)
Hi Paul.
Also posted on your wanted thread the same as below ;)

Open the bonnet hold down the bonnet switch or get someone to do it while you try and lock the car, if it works then you know that the bonnet is just not pushing down on the switch enough, check the locking latches are free and the half moon moves freely, if so then adjust the bonnet stays turn them in a thread at a time.

Thanks, will try that.
Paul

Beena wild 11th February 2019 13:29

i had this issue and sorted it over the weekend. Remove rubber gaiter from switch and screw in tiny screw into the top of the switch - adjust as necessary and eventually you'll get the optimum outcome.:cool:

Mike Trident 11th February 2019 16:20

I glued a little square of rubber onto the bonnet directly over the switch, it's be ok ever since

Yours

Mr Bodget

stocktake 11th February 2019 16:35

If you try all of the above fixes and it still says bonnet open. Remove the switch totally. If the system still says your bonnet is open then one of the wires to the switch is shorting to ground ;)
There is a plug to isolate the wiring across the bumper on the drivers side BUT BE ADVISED it also supplies the power to the horn!!

COLVERT 11th February 2019 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beena wild (Post 2710514)
i had this issue and sorted it over the weekend. Remove rubber gaiter from switch and screw in tiny screw into the top of the switch - adjust as necessary and eventually you'll get the optimum outcome.:cool:

Post 5 is easier with no chance of a water leak.---;)