The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Windrush's Welcome Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Welcome to the club Tom Hobbs (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=319759)

The 75 & ZT Club Team 23rd June 2022 21:16

Welcome to the club Tom Hobbs

Welcome to the 75 and ZT owners club, to help you maintain your car we have grouped together a number of helpful "how to's" that can be found here. Please take some time to read the forum rules here.

If you would like to become a subscriber to the club and help support us then please read all about it here.

Perhaps you can find time to tell us how you found us here :).

Welcome!

Arctic 23rd June 2022 22:38

Fictitious Members ?

This is another member ? or supposed member i cannot find when you do a search on the members list, this happens regular why is this happening surely it's making out that more members are actually joining each day, week month, than really are.

Really hope that the above is the real Tom Hobbs.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...&ltr=T&page=47

PS seems it was genuine great.

Pete 23rd June 2022 23:54

It's a process step in vBulletin that means applications get posted up automatically when the person validates their account. If they are then accepted after a check is run on their details, they are included in the member list. The spammers and other questionable accounts are removed from the Welcome section list when their application is refused within the database admin area - Graham, Bob and Stuart manually delete the threads to try and keep numbers accurate.

And yes, it is the one and the same Tom Hobbs too. And I just remembered I owe him an email that is sitting in my drafts folder. :getmecoat:

Arctic 24th June 2022 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 2936724)
It's a process step in vBulletin that means applications get posted up automatically when the person validates their account. If they are then accepted after a check is run on their details, they are included in the member list. The spammers and other questionable accounts are removed from the Welcome section list when their application is refused within the database admin area - Graham, Bob and Stuart manually delete the threads to try and keep numbers accurate.

Quote:

And yes, it is the one and the same Tom Hobbs too. And I just remembered I owe him an email that is sitting in my drafts folder. :getmecoat:

Hi Pete.
That's great i can now see he has been added to the members list, a man i also need to try and contact in the near future :D

Tom Hobbs 24th June 2022 08:42

Hi, just thought I’d introduce myself. I’ve met quite a few forum members over the years so thought I’d join the club. I’m not here to advertise work or try and sell anything, but if anyone needs advice taking on their own body repairs I will try and help the best I can.

I could put together some step by step guides of replacing/ repairing sections if anybody would be interested?

I’m not always the best at replying to emails, don’t take it personally it’s a bad character trait that I was born with haha!

Cheers,

Tom

dave lincs 24th June 2022 08:56

Tom

Welcome to the club hope you will enjoy it i have seen some of your work on members cars and it is excellent quality and to put up a guide of the repair work would be great

Dave

Arctic 24th June 2022 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Hobbs (Post 2936739)
Hi, just thought I’d introduce myself. I’ve met quite a few forum members over the years so thought I’d join the club. I’m not here to advertise work or try and sell anything, but if anyone needs advice taking on their own body repairs I will try and help the best I can.

Quote:

I could put together some step by step guides of replacing/ repairing sections if anybody would be interested?

I’m not always the best at replying to emails, don’t take it personally it’s a bad character trait that I was born with haha!

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom.
Welcome to the OC if you could put together a little how to for replacing the front & rear sills on our Rover 75's that would be great, i am a big believer in a picture picture shows a thousand words ;)

That is why everything i do on my 75 i take photos of and post them up.

I have recently started to find the orange rust spots on my tourer, and posted up that i would need to try and contact you in the hope that i could get your services.

That is why when i saw this thread last night with your name i thought someone maybe trying to use your name thankfully that was not the case.

Tom from this photo below you can see how it's just starting and i would like to catch it before it gets any worse, i will contact asap for some advice and maybe that i could use your services most appreciated Arctic.
https://i.imgur.com/f4PItlHl.jpg1

stevestrat 24th June 2022 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Hobbs (Post 2936739)
I’m not here to advertise work

I'd hardly think that was necessary!

Les4048 24th June 2022 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 2936753)
I'd hardly think that was necessary!

Correct as his reputation travels far, even up to Scotland :D

operamagorum 24th June 2022 14:28

Hi Tom and welcome
I thought that you might like to know that I recently had your rear sill sections and jacking points fitted by my bodywork guy.
He said that they were extremely well made and fitted exactly!
Regards
Geoff