The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: The South East (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   SOUTH EAST EVENTS - August 2020, Breakfast Meet. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=306830)

BRG75 31st July 2020 09:42

SOUTH EAST EVENTS - August 2020, Breakfast Meet.

I have copy, pasted this, to make the title more self explanatory. (editing it didn't get saved, for some reason)

Date
Sunday 9th August,

Time
9.15 for 9.30 at table(s)

Venue
(3 mins. from M25 Jct. 4)
TOBY Carvery, Badgers Mount
TN14 7AD

London Road
Halstead,
Kent

Directions
Leave M25 at Jct.4 (from either direction)
Take the M-way Extension dual Carriageway to a roundabout
Take 1st left to Badgers Mount & Sevenoaks
In approx. 1 mile, straight over a roundabout
Toby is then 100 yards on Right Hand side.

Regards

Mike

I will add name(s) below,
1. Mike
2. Jan
3. Jennifer
4. Steve

Raven Black 1st August 2020 10:28

Meet

Please add me to the list.

BRG75 1st August 2020 10:51

Thanks Jennifer, done.

Regards

Mike

steve-45 1st August 2020 14:18

Please put me on the list, as it’s only 17 miles away would be rude not to !

BRG75 1st August 2020 16:17

Hi Steve,

Just done.

Regards

Mike

Oldmanlogan 4th August 2020 17:38

Breakfast meet

Sorry Mike it's a no from me I've unfurloughed my 75 but I'm on iow on holiday ,disappointed I'm going to miss the restarted meet ,hope you guys stay safe and sound

BRG75 4th August 2020 19:39

Thanks Richard, good that you're 75 is back on the road, and say hello to the dear old Igly Wigly for me. Sorry, but I've affectionately called it that for years.

I used to service equipment over there, at British Hovercraft, Newport Council and Plessey Radar.

Twice, Jan and I have looked at moving over there, but on both occasions circumstances prevented it.

We have had 5 or 6 holidays over there (apparently at least 10 or 12, I'm informed) and I've literally done the crossing 3 to 400 times.

Do you know the Folly Inn, on the Medina, just inland of Cowes and Osborne House.

Up the hill from East Cowes, Osborne on your left, a mile or so and narrow road on right hand side.

Go down that road, and at the bottom is (was) an out of the way locals pub / restaurant.

Now, a large boating based pub. Maybe worth a visit, unless you're at West Wight, always windy.

Regards

Mike

FLYING BANANA 4th August 2020 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRG75 (Post 2829093)
Thanks Richard, good that you're 75 is back on the road, and say hello to the dear old Igly Wigly for me. Sorry, but I've affectionately called it that for years.

I used to service equipment over there, at British Hovercraft, Newport Council and Plessey Radar.

Twice, Jan and I have looked at moving over there, but on both occasions circumstances prevented it.

We have had 5 or 6 holidays over there (apparently at least 10 or 12, I'm informed) and I've literally done the crossing 3 to 400 times.

Do you know the Folly Inn, on the Medina, just inland of Cowes and Osborne House.

Up the hill from East Cowes, Osborne on your left, a mile or so and narrow road on right hand side.

Go down that road, and at the bottom is (was) an out of the way locals pub / restaurant.

Now, a large boating based pub. Maybe worth a visit, unless you're at West Wight, always windy.

Regards

Mike

I’ll try and remember that when I’m over this December.

BRG75 5th August 2020 05:57

I would check that it's open in December; as I said, it used to be a local's hideaway, and I'm sure open all year round.

Now, it's like an extension to Cowes harbour. Just a few minutes up the R. Medina after you pass the Chain Ferry connecting East and West Cowes.

Water Taxis between Cowes, The Folly and boats that have to moor in mid stream.
Wouldn't surprise me if it is now seasonal.

Regards

Mike

Oldmanlogan 6th August 2020 07:10

Iow

Unfortunately Mike my car's playing whilst over here droplink failure I think so quite noisy to drive at the moment ,we've been coming to i.o.w for years this was booked prior to pandemic ,chain ferry is not currently working which is a shame ,and even with pubs everything must be pre-booked so can't just visit a pub unannounced 😱,but the island is mostly open we love shanklin and always stay here I'm going to try and fix droplinks whilst o we here if I can fingers crossed it is the links and not something else ,NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- eBay I won't buy cheap ones ever again