The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Police officer shot dead (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=308157)

macafee2 26th September 2020 07:08

Police officer shot dead

A police sergeant has been shot dead in a custody suit.

Thoughts go out to family and friends and workmates of the officer.

macafee2

planenut 26th September 2020 08:24

Ironic that this poor chaps job was to ensure that anyone presented to him was given their rights and ensured that they would be treated fairly. Someone before that stage clearly did not do their job.

Clearly he was an inspirational man both at work and away from it.

May he rest in peace and his family and friends take pride in his service to so many.

LotusLC 26th September 2020 09:10

Very sad news 😭

Darcydog 26th September 2020 10:21

Absolutely tragic. He was clearly a brilliant bloke based on what I saw on the news this morning.

Lots of questions as to how a gun was allowed into the custody area.

KWIL 26th September 2020 10:48

Apparently the perpetrator was in 'cuffs!

wraymond 26th September 2020 13:00

Also, apparently, the gun was between his legs in his underclothing.

VVC-Geeza 26th September 2020 14:43

I'm very surprised that there isn't an airport type metal detector system that suspects have to pass through when brought into custody.Might have prevented this tragedy.He was only a few months off retirement too.Very sad indeed.

mileshawk56 26th September 2020 16:12

Has been any change in arrest and search procedure as a result of Covid19? Chris.S.

wraymond 26th September 2020 18:35

I must have misheard the news on TV. They said, while handcuffed, he 'was shot five times'. How do you shoot yourself five times, let alone handcuffed?

clf 26th September 2020 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza (Post 2838918)
I'm very surprised that there isn't an airport type metal detector system that suspects have to pass through when brought into custody.Might have prevented this tragedy.He was only a few months off retirement too.Very sad indeed.

'Suspects' could be covered in jewelry, intimate piercings etc. It would create a bottle neck that could cause more issues (think of airport security). In this instance, it would probably cause another police officers death, as the gunman would have likely have pulled it out sooner, although there may have been more officers surrounding him.

But ultimately, I cant help suspect that it will probably come down to some form of human rights violation :duh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraymond (Post 2838945)
I must have misheard the news on TV. They said, while handcuffed, he 'was shot five times'. How do you shoot yourself five times, let alone handcuffed?

Automatic pistol, or involuntary twitching on the trigger finger due to brain injury :shrug: Or he kept missing somewhere fatal, just a guess - I havent read/heard the story, could he have shot the police man five times?