The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Happiness is... (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=76899)

calibrax 27th January 2011 17:13

Happiness is...

... finally getting your car back! :D

Since my engine failure I've been running around in a hired Vauxhall Insignia. Petrol. Manual. Not much power. And not much fun!

But now.... 2 weeks, 2 days and 9 hours after my engine failure... I am finally reunited with my baby! The replacement engine is running beautifully, and at the correct temperature (87-88c) for the first time in over a year - I had the garage fit a brand new OEM thermostat, as it's a quick job with the engine out of the car. They also changed the auto gearbox fluid and it definitely changes gear much more smoothly now. New filters and fluids all round in fact... and even the air conditioning was re-gassed. I'm sure you can imagine that I'm grinning like a Cheshire Cat, so happy to be back in my MG. :D

A big thumbs up for Apple MG... as they had to fit my car in around the pre-booked work they had. I can't praise them highly enough - friendly, helpful service. The bill even came in below the estimate! :bowdown: :cool:

LeRich 27th January 2011 17:33

Good to hear she's back and in peak form!

Richy 27th January 2011 17:37

Great news.
Paul

Reebs 27th January 2011 17:40

That's good news Steve, and I'll bet your just looking for any little excuse to take her out for a spin aren't you :D

Sometimes it's easy to forget how good these cars make you feel, until they are gone.

Here's to many more miles of pleasurable :driving:

Villa Villan 27th January 2011 17:48

That's great fella, lots of good news on here today, car back, new cars etc :D.

Cheers
Tony

pab 27th January 2011 19:11

bill below the estimate,makes good reading.glad your sorted and i think the car could do with a treat.

chrissyboy 27th January 2011 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by calibrax (Post 661026)
... finally getting your car back! :D

Since my engine failure I've been running around in a hired Vauxhall Insignia. Petrol. Manual. Not much power. And not much fun!

But now.... 2 weeks, 2 days and 9 hours after my engine failure... I am finally reunited with my baby! The replacement engine is running beautifully, and at the correct temperature (87-88c) for the first time in over a year - I had the garage fit a brand new OEM thermostat, as it's a quick job with the engine out of the car. They also changed the auto gearbox fluid and it definitely changes gear much more smoothly now. New filters and fluids all round in fact... and even the air conditioning was re-gassed. I'm sure you can imagine that I'm grinning like a Cheshire Cat, so happy to be back in my MG. :D
A big thumbs up for Apple MG... as they had to fit my car in around the pre-booked work they had. I can't praise them highly enough - friendly, helpful service. The bill even came in below the estimate! :bowdown: :cool:

im glad you got it sorted and your now back behind the wheel and for less than first said bonus:D so what mod are you going to spend the money you saved on then ;)

starbug2 27th January 2011 19:54

glad its done now . :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: hope it will last you a very long time :}

rob1982 29th January 2011 18:41

I must say out of all the cars on the forum, your's is the nicest in my eye's!

i'm looking for the exact same sort of car as yours just in a manual!

love the work you have done to it :bowdown: black and clean is the way forward!

keep up the good work and enjoy it now it's back with you!

calibrax 29th January 2011 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob1982 (Post 662517)
I must say out of all the cars on the forum, your's is the nicest in my eye's!

Wow, that's high praise indeed! Thank you! :D

Thanks to everyone for your support. It's very much appreciated! I'm very happy to have saved my car from being broken up, and although it's cost me a few quid it's worth every penny, just for the smile on my face and the good feeling I get from driving her. :D