The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: Yorkshire & North Lincolnshire (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Another East Kirkby meet 2021 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=314450)

ricardo65 1st August 2021 11:32

Another East Kirkby meet 2021

Been on the phone with Dave lincy this morning we said how everyone enjoyed this meet in July
Dave said well let's do another one this year so we are just putting this out to see if people are interested in another meet at East Kirkby the meet will be around the 25th September depending on what Dave can arrange so if you are up for this and want to support Dave please post in this thread this is only a provisional list at the moment

Thanks Richard

Dave lincs
Ricardo

Sent from my VFD 730 using Tapatalk

Russp 1st August 2021 12:26

I'd be up for it.
Will the other rovers be invited too? Be good to try and persuade the lad with the red vitesse to sell it!

Rev Jules 1st August 2021 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardo65 (Post 2893809)
Been on the phone with Dave lincy this morning we said how everyone enjoyed this meet in July
Dave said well let's do another one this year so we are just putting this out to see if people are interested in another meet at East Kirkby the meet will be around the 25th September depending on what Dave can arrange so if you are up for this and want to support Dave please post in this thread this is only a provisional list at the moment

Thanks Richard

Dave lincs
Ricardo

Yes Please.

Rev.

Rogue 1st August 2021 15:12

Put me down :)

ssizefive 1st August 2021 15:29

Possible, am actually booked to be away that weekend but would rather go to this if it's on.

Thanks
Steve.

ricardo65 1st August 2021 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russp (Post 2893820)
I'd be up for it.

Will the other rovers be invited too? Be good to try and persuade the lad with the red vitesse to sell it!

Yes Russ it would be an open meet

dave lincs 1st August 2021 16:54

If there is enough interest then i dont see why we cant make this happen, I will have a word with east kirkby later in the week and see what they say

ssizefive 1st August 2021 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave lincs (Post 2893863)
If there is enough interest then i dont see why we cant make this happen, I will have a word with east kirkby later in the week and see what they say

Have spoken to my lad, he might bring the tf down as well.

Steve.

GJ53 DGO 1st August 2021 18:21

You can put us down for this, dependant upon dates as we are having a week away in September but that should be the week before if the 25th September stands.

FLYING BANANA 1st August 2021 21:08

Alas I cannot make this meet as I have already booked a weekend away.

Hope to attend next year.

Dawn 2nd August 2021 21:08

I'm away in September, so it depends on the confirmed dates, but possibly :)

maxi_crawf 4th August 2021 13:05

If it's the Saturday I'm up for it :)

crown 4th August 2021 19:37

Yes please

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

75 car girl 9th August 2021 22:21

We will come

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

ricardo65 13th August 2021 08:58

Due to lack of interest and support this meet will not be happening now

Hopefully if there is enough interest and support Dave lincy will arrange again for next year

ssizefive 13th August 2021 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardo65 (Post 2895548)
Due to lack of interest and support this meet will not be happening now

Hopefully if there is enough interest and support Dave lincy will arrange again for next year

That's a shame, at least there is next year to look forward to. Thanks to Dave for looking into it.

Steve.

dave lincs 14th August 2021 09:08

A shame this is not going to happen but to me it seems this year there is not much going on within the club, The east kirkby meet in July seems to get the biggest turn out of the year and perhaps should be the annual national meet?
To organize East kirkby takes a lot of time and effort and I and others that help me to make this to happen get very little thanks

ricardo65 14th August 2021 09:48

I concur with you Dave I've seen the amount of work that you put into this meet to make this day run perfect for everyone with no thanks and no input from the club officials this could well be a national club meet all I can say is the members that attended this year fully appreciate your hospitality on the day matey let's hope you will do it again next year weather we do it through the club or not

ricardo65 14th August 2021 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardo65 (Post 2895692)
I concur with you Dave I've seen the amount of work that you put into this meet to make this day run perfect for everyone with no thanks and no input or support from the club officials this could well be a national club meet all I can say is the members that attended this year fully appreciate your hospitality on the day matey let's hope you will do it again next year weather we do it through the club or not

dave lincs 14th August 2021 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardo65 (Post 2895692)
I concur with you Dave I've seen the amount of work that you put into this meet to make this day run perfect for everyone with no thanks and no input from the club officials this could well be a national club meet all I can say is the members that attended this year fully appreciate your hospitality on the day matey let's hope you will do it again next year weather we do it through the club or not

As you say Richard with no thanks or input from club officials I think can I really be bothered to go to all the effort again for next year? At this moment no I dont think so perhaps it is not just me that feels like this and that is possibly why there are not many events planned within the club any more

ricardo65 14th August 2021 10:11

All I can say is Dave your organisation of this event is superb I and everyone who attended will vouch for this but with no support thanks and encouragement from the top after all we are representing the club i can see why your thinking should I bother next year

dave lincs 14th August 2021 10:29

I did speak to East kirkby a few days ago and said that we were not having another meet this year as support for it was poor, They then asked did I want to book for next year as they get booked up very early and would I like 1st weekend in July again I have said I will let them know

ricardo65 14th August 2021 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave lincs (Post 2895704)
I did speak to East kirkby a few days ago and said that we were not having another meet this year as support for it was poor, They then asked did I want to book for next year as they get booked up very early and would I like 1st weekend in July again I have said I will let them know

I for one will support you again with this meet matey whether we do it through the club we'll have to decide

rab60bit 14th August 2021 11:03

I'm keen on a July 2022 meet if you go ahead

ricardo65 14th August 2021 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by rab60bit (Post 2895713)
I'm keen on a July 2022 meet if you go ahead

It will go ahead it may not be done through the forum though and will be advertised through MId lincs rover group

dave lincs 14th August 2021 12:44

We will see what response we get here first then I will talk to East kirkby and make a decision but it will most likely be done through the Mid lincs rover club from now I feel

dave lincs 14th August 2021 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardo65 (Post 2895711)
I for one will support you again with this meet matey whether we do it through the club we'll have to decide

Thanks Richard much appreciated :}

Rogue 14th August 2021 15:18

You can count me in as well Dave..

Russp 15th August 2021 14:47

Same here , look forward to it

75 car girl 15th August 2021 17:00

I'm sorry its not going ahead in September but I understand all the work Dave and his helpers do to make the meet run as smoothly as it did. I would be coming next year but if its not though the club. Someone would need to pm me as I live in the North East I would not see it
advertised.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

maxi_crawf 18th August 2021 14:45

If it's a Saturday I'll be there.

GJ53 DGO 19th August 2021 17:16

Put me down for next year matey, whatever the date is I'll be sure to bring at least one of the fleet, maybe even a little blue metro....:D

Graham1961 20th August 2021 14:29

I would be interested in attending East Kirkby if it's going ahead.

dave lincs 21st August 2021 08:25

Im still not sure if i am going to do this again due to the time it takes to sort it out and the fact that the club officials offer no help and not even a word of thanks for what is usually the best turnout of the year and could easily be made our national meet

ssizefive 21st August 2021 09:04

It appears the club officials aren't interested in much of anything anymore, like you say, no input or thanks re meetings, no action against ridiculous so called advice, no comments when people are stepping away from the club due to political views ( always thought this was meant to be a club for the owners/ potential owners / former owners of Rover 75's & Mg Zt's ).
Perhaps it's just about the money:eek::eek:

It would be a shame to lose this event so, even though I am miles away from the area, i am more than happy to assist if you were willing to arrange through other channels ( I am sure there are plenty of others will help out too )
Thanks for all you have done over the last few years to keep this going.

Steve.

Dawn 21st August 2021 09:07

I hope you do it again next year. Its the only one I usually get to, and really enjoy it. If it goes through the Lincs club, 0lease let me know.

dave lincs 21st August 2021 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssizefive (Post 2896659)
It appears the club officials aren't interested in much of anything anymore, like you say, no input or thanks re meetings, no action against ridiculous so called advice, no comments when people are stepping away from the club due to political views ( always thought this was meant to be a club for the owners/ potential owners / former owners of Rover 75's & Mg Zt's ).
Perhaps it's just about the money:eek::eek:

It would be a shame to lose this event so, even though I am miles away from the area, i am more than happy to assist if you were willing to arrange through other channels ( I am sure there are plenty of others will help out too )
Thanks for all you have done over the last few years to keep this going.

Steve.

Very well put Steve, Lets hope this can go ahead but it seems there are now very few well attended club meets arranged through the club this year at east kirkby this year we had over 30 75/ZT cars and no thanks or comments from the club officials which is very sad to say the least

Dave

dave lincs 21st August 2021 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn (Post 2896660)
I hope you do it again next year. Its the only one I usually get to, and really enjoy it. If it goes through the Lincs club, 0lease let me know.

Dawn i will arrange something but not sure it will be on here might do East kirkby with our Mid lincs club or even do more small meets at our house like last year as im sure some will remember about 35 of us attending and 16 cars on the drive

Lincoln Green 21st August 2021 13:05

I'm only a newbie and don't have a car worthy of display but I'm certainly willing to help if required and , if not required would certainly attend.

ADO13 21st August 2021 13:43

Sorry, I would love to join, but I am planning to go to London on that weekend.

ADO13 21st August 2021 13:50

Would love to bring my 1960 Sprite. M.

dave lincs 21st August 2021 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lincoln Green (Post 2896698)
I'm only a newbie and don't have a car worthy of display but I'm certainly willing to help if required and , if not required would certainly attend.

You are more than welcome to come it's not just about your car it is about owners getting together

Lincoln Green 21st August 2021 14:04

Thanks Dave. Appreciate that.

dave lincs 21st August 2021 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lincoln Green (Post 2896705)
Thanks Dave. Appreciate that.

Your car does not need to be a show car just turn up to any of our meets and have a great day

ricardo65 21st August 2021 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave lincs (Post 2896666)
Dawn i will arrange something but not sure it will be on here might do East kirkby with our Mid lincs club or even do more small meets at our house like last year as im sure some will remember about 35 of us attending and 16 cars on the drive

Dave you know I'll support you with whatever meet you, we decide to do. your meets and get-togethers are up there with the best meets I've attended and I'm sure everyone will agree it's just a pity you don't get any recognition acknowledge and thanks from the people in charge my view is we don't need this club to run a successful meet you've proved this once again this year with the east Kirkby meet so there is no benefit from representing the club so we won't be anymore, I know you'll get the support backing and thanks if you do East Kirkby again next year from the people who attend

Rogue 21st August 2021 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardo65 (Post 2896719)
Dave you know I'll support you with whatever meet you, we decide to do. your meets and get-togethers are up there with the best meets I've attended and I'm sure everyone will agree it's just a pity you don't get any recognition acknowledge and thanks from the people in charge my view is we don't need this club to run a successful meet you've proved this once again this year with the east Kirkby meet so there is no benefit from representing the club so we won't be anymore, I know you'll get the support backing and thanks if you do East Kirkby again next year from the people who attend

I wholeheartedly agree. The East Kirkby Meet is about the only non local meet i have attended due to the excellent turn out, organisation and location and i am grateful to all the hard work and effort put in to make it such a success!

dave lincs 21st August 2021 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardo65 (Post 2896719)

Thanks Richard hope we will sort something soon for another meet,Just wish i had some pictures from the meet at our house last year hope someone can put some up?
For all our hard work and organising East kirkby we should at least get some thanks from the top?
I feel that if things dont change soon the club will start to fall apart

ricardo65 21st August 2021 16:01

Here you go Dave click the link 😁

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

dave lincs 21st August 2021 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardo65 (Post 2896723)
Here you go Dave click the link 😁

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

That was a great day hope we can have another one like that this year :D

ricardo65 21st August 2021 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave lincs (Post 2896736)
That was a great day hope we can have another one like that this year :D

Sure was a great day matey if your up for it we could organise

ADO13 10th September 2021 21:07

Any chance of meeting somewhere further north please?

ssizefive 11th September 2021 07:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADO13 (Post 2899134)
Any chance of meeting somewhere further north please?

Try messaging actros, he is the rep for Yorkshire and Lincolnshire region.

Steve.

Diesel Driver 21st September 2021 17:59

Sorry to hear that East Kirby will not take place.
Hope we can get other meets before winter.
Best Regards to all members. Diesel Driver.

ricardo65 21st September 2021 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel Driver (Post 2900579)
Sorry to hear that East Kirby will not take place.

Hope we can get other meets before winter.

Best Regards to all members. Diesel Driver.

Evening John East Kirkby will definitely be taking place in 2022 we just won't be representing the club anymore there is alot of hard work goes into organising this meet most of it by Dave lincs it could have been made into a national meet as it attracts more cars than most of the organised nationals but the powers at the top give no encouragement no support and no thanks to the club members that work very hard to make this meet one of the best meets in the calendar year so will be organised by mid lincs rover from now on and will probably be the first Saturday in July as normal so hopefully see you there next year 😊

whitegold 21st September 2021 20:17

Really sorry to see East Kirby is causing such controversy, such a fantastic show and very well organised by Dave, Richard and others. A shame the powers that be fail to recognise or support such a fantastic meet.
I for one appreciate everything Dave and team do to keep this show afloat and hope both he and the team see fit to keep it on the calendar I for one will continue to attend as long as possible. Best meet I attend. Long may it continue!!!
I havn't managed to attend a mini meet on the Linc's estate yet due to that NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- virus and the fact I have problems both walking and driving at present but hopefully that won't be forever, always assuming I get an invite of course:shrug::shrug:
I'm sure you will get the support from ordinary classic owning members when this virus situation as eased a little ( 2022 ) , such a great venue and a brilliant show.
Many genuine thanks to Dave, Richard and all who attend to make this such an enjoyable event.