The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Broken drivers electric window regulator (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=302494)

bsafly 29th January 2020 21:13

Broken drivers electric window regulator

On my way home today, opened my drivers side front window, was treated to a loud mechanical scraping noise and the window stopped 1/4 of the way down:eek:. Managed to get the window back up (oddly no unusual noises), but it stopped 2mm from fully shut. I managed to manually force it shut and it seems to have stayed put for the rest of the journey. Does anyone know what I am likely to need to repair it so I can gather the required parts before I strip it down, also how hard is it to change the glass as mine is badly scratched (although it has done nowhere as many miles as my 75, which has a much less scratched glass! ). Any thoughts would be much appreciated, thanks in advance, Paul.

David Lawrence 30th January 2020 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsafly (Post 2789821)
On my way home today, opened my drivers side front window, was treated to a loud mechanical scraping noise and the window stopped 1/4 of the way down:eek:. Managed to get the window back up (oddly no unusual noises), but it stopped 2mm from fully shut. I managed to manually force it shut and it seems to have stayed put for the rest of the journey. Does anyone know what I am likely to need to repair it so I can gather the required parts before I strip it down, also how hard is it to change the glass as mine is badly scratched (although it has done nowhere as many miles as my 75, which has a much less scratched glass! ). Any thoughts would be much appreciated, thanks in advance, Paul.

Very easy job, you need a new regulator assembly. Get one from mickboy, i did the same just last week.

markypicks 30th January 2020 18:50

i did both sides on my older 75 . got both sides off e bay for 35 quid posted not a bad job the system runs on a wire basis and reels you can get replacement kits for them but i would get the motor and regulator as its all in one piece just 4 bolts for the motor and 2 like clamp nuts to hold the window in place . be aware of the 2 big metal clips that hold the centre of the door card on they can easily be damaged if forced off rgds mark

macafee2 30th January 2020 20:08

I hope to be going to a breakers tomorrow.
pm me if you would like me to try and get one and let me know how much you want me to spend. It is on a diesel auto MK I
Best also post a picture of what it looks like

macafee2

bsafly 30th January 2020 22:18

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2790071)
I hope to be going to a breakers tomorrow.
pm me if you would like me to try and get one and let me know how much you want me to spend. It is on a diesel auto MK I
Best also post a picture of what it looks like

macafee2

Thankyou for the kind offer, I know of a couple of 75's locally that are being broken, at least one of them has all its windows still fitted. I will have a look at the weekend now I know what I need.