The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Undertrays (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=313496)

sworks 12th June 2021 18:45

Undertrays

Who’s still using them and who’s removed them?

I carried out some work on the 75 today and replaced discs and pads all round and changed the oil and filter. The under tray was only held on by 3 fastenings with a few of them being lost since the last service. At almost 16 years old it’s not ageing well with some of the holes now larger than they should be and quite a lot of scuffing, I’ve left it off for now so it doesn’t fall off but with the car being so low with the factory sports suspension kit I’ll be happier with it reinstated once I get some new fixings.

BoroRover 12th June 2021 19:14

Still using mine. Following a service at a Rover agents a couple of years ago, it fell down just after I had left the M56 motorway.

Obviously sloppily refitted. Temporary fix by the AA, and not long after a visit to The People's Republic of North Tyneside.

It won't fall off again. 100% certain of that.

macafee2 12th June 2021 19:15

still use mine, both cars have them fitted

macafee2

stevestrat 12th June 2021 19:20

Not sure if there was one on my first 75, a 1.8, didn't have one on the ZT, a 1.8T, there isn't one on the 260.

Heddy 12th June 2021 20:16

Still use mine, but on every 75 I've owned I've cut it down to just beyond the oil drain plug. I can't be doing with removing it just to change the oil.

roverbarmy 12th June 2021 20:46

I use mine and have a lovely, clean engine compartment (at 22 years old!). It only takes a couple of minutes to remove or replace and I have kept the fixings well greased with ACF50 blue grease over the years, so they move easily. I service it on run up ramps ad just hold it in position with my knees to refix it. (A pocket full of fixings at the ready!) I wash and clean it with plastic polish each service (also do the same for the underwing protectors too when the wheels are off).;)

FLYING BANANA 12th June 2021 20:58

Both of mine have them fitted.

bsafly 12th June 2021 22:42

Unfortunately both of my current cars didn't come with undertrays fitted when I bought them and are running without still.
Had thought about fitting undertrays but more important things have occurred in the meantime. :duh:
Probably should look into getting hold of a pair and fitting them.

Les4048 13th June 2021 04:44

All three of my cars have them and I wouldn’t be without them. The V8 didn’t have one but I got one made especially

YHT 13th June 2021 08:31

both mine that are road worthy have them as does the doner. One is very tatty but the replacement I got dont have the foam sound deadening pad attached but seem to work to keep the amount of grit in the engine bay to a low level. Thinking of cutting a hole for the oil plug in the sump but not got around to it yet.