The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Should we have a clutch section (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=317175)

macafee2 9th January 2022 16:45

Should we have a clutch section

Frequently, members are posting about having issues with clutches on manuals.
It is perhaps the most common or one of the most common issues that members need help with.
Would it be helpful to have a fault finding clutch section,
were all suggestions on fault finding can be listed in one go for members to try?

macafee2

stevestrat 9th January 2022 17:08

Just use the search bar (top of the page below User CP) otherwise where do you stop, a section for every individual component.

Saga Lout 9th January 2022 18:46

And...

Avoid people that fit cheap ones at high prices...

MSS 9th January 2022 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saga Lout (Post 2915748)
Avoid people that fit cheap ones at high prices...

Agreed, but also avoid people that fit cheap ones at low prices.

macafee2 9th January 2022 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 2915725)
Just use the search bar (top of the page below User CP) otherwise where do you stop, a section for every individual component.

That is a bit of a silly reply, section for every individual component, of course not. It was just that the clutch sees many posts and so I thought a section may be a good place for people with problems to start. Do you post on threads where people require help about a clutch to "Just use the search bar (top of the page below User CP)" ?

macafee2

coab 10th January 2022 06:02

Can we have a section "Dual mass flywheel or single"
Then have the answer in stone "Dont be a wally!":D

macafee2 10th January 2022 08:03

opps dyslexia beat me, should be "where" not "were" in OP

macafee2

PaulR 10th January 2022 10:05

As someone currently having unexpected clutch problems I think that a separate section for them would be useful to avoid long searches.

polinsteve 10th January 2022 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2915788)
That is a bit of a silly reply, section for every individual component, of course not. It was just that the clutch sees many posts and so I thought a section may be a good place for people with problems to start. Do you post on threads where people require help about a clutch to "Just use the search bar (top of the page below User CP)" ?

macafee2

I agree 100%

Mike Noc 10th January 2022 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSS (Post 2915787)
Agreed, but also avoid people that fit cheap ones at low prices.

Funnily enough I always fit the cheapest pressure plate and clutch disc I can find.;)
The slave cylinder is the weakest link and the way I drive it really doesn't matter what else you choose as the slave always fails first.

If only someone could come up with a decent alternative. :getmecoat: