The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Rain sensing wipers (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=303270)

MalteseMarc 3rd March 2020 10:44

Rain sensing wipers

Hi,

A few months I had a new windscreen fitted on my car, which was good, but the new rain sensing wipers seems nowhere near as good as my previous one,(been set on the stalk to it's maximum sensitivity) in fact it's probably worse than an intermittent wipe as it's not coming on as quickly as it should when driving.
So question, is there anything that can be done to improve the wipe function?

Kind regards,

Marc

trikey 3rd March 2020 11:22

Try a different rain sensing ecu, these can make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MalteseMarc 3rd March 2020 12:56

Hi trikey,

I will have a look into that. Would that really make a difference as it was working very well before the replacement of the windscreen:shrug:

Kind regards,

Marc

SCP440 3rd March 2020 16:26

Was a new sticky pad used to stick the sensor to the screen? I have see this before when a windscreen company re use the old pad.

It might also be worth trying cleaning the sensor or even replacing it.

trikey 3rd March 2020 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalteseMarc (Post 2796681)
Hi trikey,

I will have a look into that. Would that really make a difference as it was working very well before the replacement of the windscreen:shrug:

Kind regards,

Marc

I replaced one for a member on here who had the same symptoms as you, he reported the wipers to be much better to reacting to light rain afterwards.

MalteseMarc 3rd March 2020 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2796729)
I replaced one for a member on here who had the same symptoms as you, he reported the wipers to be much better to reacting to light rain afterwards.

Thanks for the suggestion, might do that then. Is the sensor ecu easy to replace, where is it located exactly?

Kind regards,

Marc

trikey 3rd March 2020 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalteseMarc (Post 2796741)
Thanks for the suggestion, might do that then. Is the sensor ecu easy to replace, where is it located exactly?

Kind regards,

Marc

It's the little black box that attaches to the screen prism, gently lever out two clips (One on each side) Then the ecu will pull off, unplug it and fit a replacement.

alanaslan 4th March 2020 05:30

In my Mind there are two possible answers to the problem

1) they have fitted a non rain sensor screen.
2) they did not replace the rain sensor when they fitted the screen.
I said in an article a few years back to beware as up here in scotland there are two Large windscreen fitting compnies sendind two fitters down to the scrap yards to remove front screens from 75s for restoration before being passed on to the customer as a New screen.
alan
Quote:

Originally Posted by MalteseMarc (Post 2796657)
Hi,

A few months I had a new windscreen fitted on my car, which was good, but the new rain sensing wipers seems nowhere near as good as my previous one,(been set on the stalk to it's maximum sensitivity) in fact it's probably worse than an intermittent wipe as it's not coming on as quickly as it should when driving.
So question, is there anything that can be done to improve the wipe function?

Kind regards,

Marc

Neil1 4th March 2020 11:00

You can buy new sensors?

Interesting as my wipers have a mind of their own, in light rain they work okay but then in heavy rain they don't always sweep, most strange.:}