The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Price going up? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=308252)

Mike Trident 30th September 2020 03:13

Price going up?

Is it me or have the prices of Rover 75's gone up recently?

Just browsing the bay, generally more expensive than they were.

Russp 30th September 2020 06:42

It seems to me all rover/MG rover stuff is going up. Obviously it depends on condition.
Was looking at metros the other week anything half decent was over a grand

Mickyboy 30th September 2020 06:50

Yes they are definitely starting to rise in value slowly, probably to do with the good press that they’ve been getting recently
Mick

SCP440 30th September 2020 09:40

Yes, I know some one who was looking for a nice MG Metro, he was shocked how much they have gone up and one car that he had so for sale 18 months ago is back up for sale for nearly double the price it was then.

Number 6 30th September 2020 11:57

Prices

Not before time :}:}:}:}

AndrewJames 30th September 2020 12:37

I spent almost two months browsing ads for 75s on a daily basis. What can I say... An obsessive personality combined with working from home. They definitely seemed to have gone up in price compared to when I was looking a few years back. Especially dealer listings but I suppose those have always been eye watering...!

torque2me 30th September 2020 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Trident (Post 2839529)
Is it me or have the prices of Rover 75's gone up recently?

Just browsing the bay, generally more expensive than they were.

If want "prices going up" put yer money into a L-R Defender 110 (UK made).

Kev

Mike Trident 30th September 2020 16:15

My money goes into motorcycles.

Don't know enough about cars lol.

Rick-sta 30th September 2020 17:20

I've noted this too lately. There seems to be very few up for sale these days. On autotrader there's only 30 75's listed for sale, and only 10 tourers. the cheap tatty rough looking ones seemed to have reduced in number significantly, with the majority up for sale on autptrader looking pretty presentable.

only 7 75's on autotrader are below £1k, used to be loads of cheap ones before. As mentioned already there seem to be a lot of trade sellers advertising these for sale, only 8 75's are listed by private sellers currently.

our cars are at that point now where they've really reduced in numbers over the last 5 years, and think we're reaching that point where more than 50% of the ones left will be good well looked after examples. So there being so few left meaning less coming up for sale and the majority of those being in good condition it'll just drive up prices.

torque2me 30th September 2020 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Trident (Post 2839646)
My money goes into motorcycles.

Don't know enough about cars lol.

Yeah, know what you mean! I thought I'd treat myself to a Triumph Trident in the £5k region about 10 years ago. £15-20k for a class 2a/1c.

I'm not thinking about a m/c anymore. ;-(

Kev