The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Silly TOAF question (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=300504)

clf 5th November 2019 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by 75driver (Post 2773473)
Just can’t figure out why the “swswvftf” principle never caught on. 🤔
2 bon bons to whoever knows what I’m on about.🙄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steering wheel side when viewed from the front?

sewerman 6th November 2019 06:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2773694)
that picture with an LHD car complicates the situation.

The way I learned the difference between near and offside (and it will apply to LHD cars for RH lane driving).

Near (the kerb) side so therefore that means offside is not near (the kerb) side lol.

Conventionally, when determining the right or left side of the car, (unless it specifically states otherwise), in a right hand drive car (everyone knows what is a RHD car), the side with the steering wheel is the right side. In a LHD drive car, the side with the steering wheel is left.

eg the fuel filler cap on ours cars is on the right hand side. With the specifically stated otherwise version of that statement is, when looking at the front of the car, the fuel filler cap is on the left side - it is still the same side .................... :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::eek::p::getmecoat:

Exactly its all a question of were you start from in the first place !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sprinter 8th November 2019 04:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewerman (Post 2773151)
Just used TOAF to diagnose my ABS warning light issue and it has identified the rear left sensor, so the silly question is- is left when in the drivers seat or left when looking at the car from the front?:shrug:

Just to say that when my TOAF told me my N/S/R sensor was faulty it turned out to be the hub bearing.

It gives the same fault.

grivas 8th November 2019 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitesse (Post 2773204)
My driver's side is the left hand side (lhd) ... t'would be much less complicated if we just stuck to left or right relative to the driver's position just as T-Cut says.

Regards

Yes indeed, however that would be too ease, that is the price you pay for being 'intelligent' as a species, I mean, to put it another way, why say something with one word when thirty would do, and still not exactly know what is said. Humans!!!!, love them!!!.

stocktake 8th November 2019 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 2773681)

It really doesn't get any easier than this regardless of driver side...

Avulon 8th November 2019 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitesse (Post 2773204)
My driver's side is the left hand side (lhd) ... t'would be much less complicated if we just stuck to left or right relative to the driver's position just as T-Cut says.

Regards

Well it would of course. Confusion unfortunately arises when 'near side' or 'off side' are used to describe the location of things which aren't lhd or rhd dependant. To give an example or two.

• fuel filler on a 75 is always on the right (coincidentally this is the 'off side' on rhd cars).
  • Steering wheel is always on the offside of the car (left for lhd cars, and right for rhd cars)
  • Front passenger seat is always on the nearside of the car.
  • Brake pad wear sensors, someone else might confirm if they are on the offside of the car or are they on the right hand side?
- clearly offside and nearside should only be used to describe the location of parts that switch Left/right depending on the lhd or rhd.

:getmecoat: Exit stage nearside....

clf 8th November 2019 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avulon (Post 2774207)
Well it would of course. Confusion unfortunately arises when 'near side' or 'off side' are used to describe the location of things which aren't lhd or rhd dependant. To give an example or two.

[LIST][*]fuel filler on a 75 is always on the right (coincidentally this is the 'off side' on rhd cars).[*]Steering wheel is always on the offside of the car (left for lhd cars, and right for rhd cars)[*]Front passenger seat is always on the nearside of the car.

- clearly offside and nearside should only be used to describe the location of parts that switch Left/right depending on the lhd or rhd.

:getmecoat: Exit stage nearside....

Unless it is a pre 67 (?) "Native" car in Sweden (think the op is from Sweden?) Or the car is in Myanmar (where I believe they have right hand drive whilst driving on the right)

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Avulon 8th November 2019 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2774208)
Unless it is a pre 67 (?) "Native" car in Sweden (think the op is from Sweden?) Or the car is in Myanmar (where I believe they have right hand drive whilst driving on the right)

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

There are of course, always - always, exceptions.

T-Cut 8th November 2019 19:17

Page 3

https://grenfellactiongroup.files.wo...dead-horse.jpg
TC

Avulon 13th November 2019 10:42

https://grenfellactiongroup.files.wo...dead-horse.jpg

That's not a flogging!