The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   headlamp washer problem (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=315641)

euro44 4th October 2021 08:50

headlamp washer problem

24 hours before its MOT the beast has everything working EXCEPT the headlamp washers. when I removed the front bumper last year I made sure they worked on final reassembly. The wipers and windscreen washers are working fine so I am not sure where to look for the problem there is no water leaking from below the washer bottle that i can see so do i suspect electrics?? I really did not want to remove the bumper unless its nescessary due to time available, so any ideas would be appreciated.

SD1too 4th October 2021 09:03

Hi Chris,

A quick reply to you without double checking but I think that the headlamp washers are only triggered after every fourth or fifth operation of the windscreen wipers. Also, you will probably need the lights switched on as well. Check these before suspecting a fault. :D

Simon

Arctic 4th October 2021 09:14

Hi Chris.
Also make sure you have enough screen wash in the tank above the pump for the front jets to work.

stocktake 4th October 2021 09:39

Thought headlamp washers were no longer tested on out cars as they are age exempt?

euro44 4th October 2021 09:54

thanks chaps, unfortunately its none of these thats the problem. washer bottle full, tested with headlights on dip and main beam, and they only operate on 5th use of washers with lights on to save washer fluid. looks like the fronts coming off, trouble is my parking area is under 2 inches of water at present, not that shes standing in water but its pretty damn close lol.

stocktake 4th October 2021 10:16

if there is no sound then it is usually the 2nd pump that has failed, this can actually be accessed if you pull back the wheel liner on the drivers side ( unless your washer tank is the same as the V8 and on the other side) pump is push fit into a rubber grommet.

DRWMGTF 4th October 2021 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by euro44 (Post 2902265)
thanks chaps, unfortunately its none of these thats the problem. washer bottle full, tested with headlights on dip and main beam, and they only operate on 5th use of washers with lights on to save washer fluid. looks like the fronts coming off, trouble is my parking area is under 2 inches of water at present, not that shes standing in water but its pretty damn close lol.

Morning,
"and they only operate on 5th use of washers with lights on to save washer fluid"
Are you saying they don't work at all or they only work on the 5th sweep of the windscreen wipers if so I think that they are working properly?
Regards David

euro44 4th October 2021 10:27

sorry David i failed to make it clear that they do not work at all. according to the handbook they only operate on the 5th use of the windscreen washers when the headlights are on as you pointed out, the windscreen washers and wipers are working perfectly. I seem to remember two ? pumps on the washer res. so maybe ones defunct. time to get the waders out by the look of it.

stocktake 4th October 2021 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by euro44 (Post 2902283)
sorry David i failed to make it clear that they do not work at all. according to the handbook they only operate on the 5th use of the windscreen washers when the headlights are on as you pointed out, the windscreen washers and wipers are working perfectly. I seem to remember two ? pumps on the washer res. so maybe ones defunct. time to get the waders out by the look of it.

Yes there are two pumps :)

stevestrat 4th October 2021 10:41

Yep, two pumps. The lower one is for the screen washers, the upper one is the headlight washers.