The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   MOT fail on central locking! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=310043)

lightpainter 22nd December 2020 08:50

MOT fail on central locking!

Just put my car in for MOT got back to pick it up and the chap told me that they had to abandon the test because the central locking only unlocks the drivers door, to them this is an automatic fail but rather than putting a fail against the car he stopped the test, strange thing is its been like that for at least 4 years!
Any of you lot had the same???

Arctic 22nd December 2020 09:15

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightpainter (Post 2855336)
Just put my car in for MOT got back to pick it up and the chap told me that they had to abandon the test because the central locking only unlocks the drivers door, to them this is an automatic fail but rather than putting a fail against the car he stopped the test, strange thing is its been like that for at least 4 years!

Did he press the button on the fob again so it opens the rest of the doors ? if not why not, or do your doors not open at all on the second press, if they do then tell them that, if they want them to open on one press then get it changed on a T4 to one shot open.

lightpainter 22nd December 2020 09:54

Unfortunately the other three doors do not open on a 2nd press, NSR pops up now and again but its not constant!

macafee2 22nd December 2020 10:04

Door actuators faulty perhaps?

macafee2

trikey 22nd December 2020 10:17

I wouldn’t have thought that was a fail as the doors can still be opened via the handles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mickyboy 22nd December 2020 10:30

From my MOT testing manual

During the inspection both front doors will be opened and checked for their condition and attachment to the vehicle. The inspector will need to make sure that doors can be opened from inside and out. The inspector will also make sure the doors securely latch in the closed position.

If rear doors are fitted to your vehicle they may need to be opened to allow the inspector into the rear of the vehicle to test other MOT items.

So in other words, if the doors can be opened from the inside and the outside then it’s a pass if not then it’s a fail

Mick

kelvo 22nd December 2020 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2855360)
I wouldn’t have thought that was a fail as the doors can still be opened via the handles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if the buttons are down, operating the internal handle still opens them doesn't it? Just requires a double pull, first to unlock and second to open.

Next time make sure the car is unlocked before putting in for the MOT...

Both of my ZTs have had the single door unlock on the first press of the button. I'd always assumed that it was a standard safety feature. Only my current one has the speed locking though.

macafee2 22nd December 2020 11:32

If the doors are locked and tester unlocks the doors via the remote or key and then cannot open any door from the outside would that not generate a fail?

macafee2

Rick-sta 22nd December 2020 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightpainter (Post 2855336)

Does pressing the unlock button only unlock the driver's door and then pressing it again unlock the 3 passenger doors? If so this is a normal feature on our cars and many other cars. If the MOT tester can't work that out I'd be taking the car elsewhere that's for sure!

Atlan 22nd December 2020 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickyboy (Post 2855364)
So in other words, if the doors can be opened from the inside and the outside then it’s a pass if not then it’s a fail

Mick

Does this include the child locking facility?