The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Breakdown Insurance (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=305541)

robbrooks 10th June 2020 12:57

Breakdown Insurance

Hi
A long time since I've been on here, as not much driving lately for obvious reasons! However, here's to more miles from now on! Hopefully I will be driving to Doncaster from Leeds again very shortly!! Anyway I've just had my breakdown renewal after I increased my cover after the Dutch trip last summer. It's £150 for recovery plus, but that doesn't even include home start- this is with Greenflag. Surely there must be other punters that are cheaper?
Anyone have any ideas?
:o

tigers1941 10th June 2020 13:01

I have used Autoaid for the last two years, never had to call them out but people on here say they are good.

Ray L 10th June 2020 13:27

Breakdown Insurance

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbrooks (Post 2817872)
Hi
A long time since I've been on here, as not much driving lately for obvious reasons! However, here's to more miles from now on! Hopefully I will be driving to Doncaster from Leeds again very shortly!! Anyway I've just had my breakdown renewal after I increased my cover after the Dutch trip last summer. It's £150 for recovery plus, but that doesn't even include home start- this is with Greenflag. Surely there must be other punters that are cheaper?
Anyone have any ideas?
:o

Try Emergency Assist Ltd. of Wisbech. Tel: 01945 586201 or email.

Mike Trident 10th June 2020 13:30

I have used Start Rescue for a few years..£70 and that covers any car I am driving or a passenger in.

Just remember to make sure any company you decide on will cover cars over 15 years, a lot don't.

stocktake 10th June 2020 14:27

Auto aid for me, again never had to use them and there was a big price hike this year from £40 to £60 IIRC. But the cover is for me AND the wife any car we drive or are passenger in. No age limit on cars so it is ideal for wifes car (12yr) Rover (21yr) Sunbeam (65yr)

Eddy600 10th June 2020 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 2817892)
Auto aid for me, again never had to use them and there was a big price hike this year from £40 to £60 IIRC. But the cover is for me AND the wife any car we drive or are passenger in. No age limit on cars so it is ideal for wifes car (12yr) Rover (21yr) Sunbeam (65yr)

As above been with them a couple years covers me and the wife, used them a few times with various cars, my local recovery firm are very good so suppose its a lottery with the service you receive as auto aid use whichever recovery firm is nearest to you at the time of breakdown.

WillyHeckaslike 10th June 2020 20:39

No, I've booted Autoaid for this year ... along with DMGRS. :shrug: I do not like nor will I EVER accept shyters who try to obtain by deception. :viking:

bendrick 10th June 2020 20:59

Might seem a touch drastic to open one just for insurance but I have a joint Nationwide account with my other half just for paying monthly bills, my own personal account is with another bank.

However with the account for £13 a month in total we both get covered for breakdown recovery including home start on both our cars, its per person rather than per car so it cancels out the age of the car thing straight away.

We also both get unlimited UK and overseas travel insurance (Health travel cover to a high level and posessions) health travel insurance cover has ratcheted up substantially over the last couple of years.

Mobile phone insurance for both our phones

Key insurance and one or two other things as well which I forget now.

The car breakdown and travel insurance alone knocks spots off getting individual insurance policies for both of us plus eliminates the problem of the ever increasing costs of covering a 17 year old car which some firms won't cover anyway.

sjc 10th June 2020 21:05

I’ve found Co-op breakdown to be brilliant in all aspects over the last few years.

squire 10th June 2020 21:10

We've just gone with Gem Motoring Assist, not as cheap as some already mentioned but seems good and I liked its website, it seemed very honest and straight forward. :shrug: