The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Fixed penalty fine! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=61779)

g-mac 3rd June 2010 05:08

Fixed penalty fine!

have just recieved a fixed penalty fine of £60 (no points) for driving with a delayed mot aka im waiting for my retest

all lectures aside of driving with no offical mot (dirty brake pipes) but on the fine notice the police officer has written the car as being a "Rover 75"

the car clearly being a zt is there any way to drop the fine through this mistake?

Kai Herb 3rd June 2010 06:05

I would of thought that the car is identified by its reg number rather than name :(

pab 3rd June 2010 06:12

..i thought you had 14 days to get the retest,if the car has been presented for an MOT

don't think you will get off because of the car details..they have the registration mark.

Raistlin 3rd June 2010 07:22

If you committed the offence, why would you be trying to get out of paying the consequences?

windrush 3rd June 2010 08:01

Think yourself lucky that you have no points deducted pay up and that will be the end of it

flyer_phil 3rd June 2010 08:39

Sorry to hear your trouble.

Hi Sorry to hear of your trouble.

Another case of governments treating motorists as criminals. Refuse to pay it and go to jail for the weekend instead - its only like staying in a backpacker hostel.

Of course the copper who did you was just getting his quota of revenue raising in for the month. What you did was a simple bureaucracy issue and was not an evil act.

Apparently our new government is to end its persecution of ordinary citizens trying to drive to work. Nick Clegg wants people to write in and indicate which laws we want scrapping. I suggest you do so.

Remember the government and police are the servants of the people, not the other way round, a concept specifically written into the American constitution.

It will be interesting to read the "holier than thou" replies to this posting.

Departed 32016 3rd June 2010 08:51

it is strange though that relative punishments to crimes, the motorist is punished 10 fold.

I don't know why police are so strict and why the courts treat the motorist worse than bad criminals.

The police are trying to do me dad for dangerous driving and racing...
The court case has been pushed back 3 times ("offence" happened in august last year, due to problems with witness statements and time they can make court)

The statement is full of holes, but that's not stopping my dad acrueing nearly £1000 in solicitors fees to date though is it?

He goes to court, the case is thrown out and yet is still stuck with a bill and has to tell his insurance company it may be "pending" when the renewal came up.

Motorists are treated worse than drug users and drug dealers in the relative punishment to the crime- surely there is something wrong there

I dont get the crushing your car if there is no tax, surely that would be against human rights, I'd love to see someone take it the european court and see what happens?

calibrax 3rd June 2010 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 534299)
..i thought you had 14 days to get the retest,if the car has been presented for an MOT

You can't drive the car in the meantime though. Unless :

1) the previous MOT is still valid (but even then, if the car is unroadworthy it shouldn't be driven and you could still be done)

2) you have a booked appointment for an MOT test/retest and you are driving either to or from the appointment.

pab 3rd June 2010 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by calibrax (Post 534372)
You can't drive the car in the meantime though. Unless :

1) the previous MOT is still valid (but even then, if the car is unroadworthy it shouldn't be driven and you could still be done)

2) you have a booked appointment for an MOT test/retest and you are driving either to or from the appointment.

the OP said he was waiting for a retest..does not mention of the repairs being made to make the car roadworthy..i just presumed

Departed 3rd June 2010 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyer_phil (Post 534344)
It will be interesting to read the "holier than thou" replies to this posting.

Have you come across the term 'Internet Troll'?

I suspect your post is designed to elicit angry replies.