The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Another mass shooting in America (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=319311)

macafee2 25th May 2022 06:10

Another mass shooting in America

Apparently there has been another mass shooting in America, some 19 children dead plus a couple of Adults. Gunman shot dead by police.

Nothing changes, there have been many mass shootings and still guns stay on the streets, what do the Americans expect?

Bets on how long to next mass shooting please!
Only in the last couple of weeks I posted elsewhere the question of how long until the next mass shooting, I did not have to wait long for the answer.:mad:

my thoughts go to the families of those that lost someone, they must be heartbroken.

macafee2

Borg Warner 25th May 2022 07:52

See that nice Mr. Biden has said they need to stand up to the gun lobby. Pretty certain all of his predecessors over the last 20 years or so have said the same. Still the killings go on.

There was an item back at Christmas showing one of their senators on his home made Christmas card with the whole family holding guns and smiling. Smiling for goodness sake. What idiot does that?

God Bless America. Born by the gun and clearly it dies by it as well.

wraymond 25th May 2022 09:00

Something that sticks in my mind is the appearance some time ago of Charlton Heston on a Hollywood stage (the Bowl?) with a rifle in his hand. Screaming some diatribe about 'nobody shall take this gun from my hand while I am still breathing'. Not unlike a mad Moses.
So much for the land of the free.

edwardmk 25th May 2022 10:02

Pretty confident that when the constitution was written, if the founding fathers had any inkling it would lead to 18 year old malcontents acquiring semi- automatic weapons to butcher children with, it would have been worded differently.

mileshawk56 25th May 2022 16:14

the problem is the nutters in society who do the killing. Im not a gun person, Time and time again these people kill, some with guns, many without, knives, bludgeons etc.whatever comes to hand. British gun law is one of the most restrictive in the world and we have murder rate at its highest to accompany it. Chris.S.

macafee2 25th May 2022 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by mileshawk56 (Post 2933216)
the problem is the nutters in society who do the killing. Im not a gun person, Time and time again these people kill, some with guns, many without, knives, bludgeons etc.whatever comes to hand. British gun law is one of the most restrictive in the world and we have murder rate at its highest to accompany it. Chris.S.

not sure I follow. "British gun law is one of the most restrictive in the world and we have murder rate at its highest to accompany it. " can you explain what you mean?

macafee2

stevestrat 25th May 2022 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2933217)
not sure I follow. "British gun law is one of the most restrictive in the world and we have murder rate at its highest to accompany it. " can you explain what you mean?

macafee2

I'd guess Chris means you don't need a gun to commit murder.

macafee2 25th May 2022 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 2933218)
I'd guess Chris means you don't need a gun to commit murder.

agreed but how many were killed in a mass murder?

macafee2

Mick Brownhill 26th May 2022 19:31

Shooting in USA

It is a sad affair but I cannot help thinking we are here again. We have a similar problem in UK. Another child death enquiry and more system failure. Like the Americans we do a lot of mourning and talking and finger pointing but in the end do nothing. Then it happens again and the same NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- comes forth. When are we going to protect the kids of the world.? Who is accountable for the failures?

Mick Brownhill 26th May 2022 19:32

Shooting in USA

It is a sad affair but I cannot help thinking we are here again. We have a similar problem in UK. Another child death enquiry and more system failure. Like the Americans we do a lot of mourning and talking and finger pointing but in the end do nothing. Then it happens again and the same excuses come forth. When are we going to protect the kids of the world.? Who is accountable for the failures?