The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Leaving BST (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=308775)

2750 HP 22nd October 2020 19:27

Leaving BST

Woulod it not be a good idea to leave the clocks alone this year given the pandemic and the onset of winter SAD?

I recall this circa 1970/71 going to school and always thought it a good idea - sure i went to school in semi dark but it was getting lighter whilst without BST it gets darker than much earlier and kids having to come home and each passing minute it gets darker.

Worthy trying again?

macafee2 22nd October 2020 21:41

omg don't start this one off. Some people go into a rage when talking about the twice a year of changing the clocks.

Not sure what the pandemic has to do with it and the onset of winter is when the clock change.

why try it again?

I have grown up with it, changing the clocks does not bother me. I thought it was for farmers that the clocks change

macafee2

wraymond 23rd October 2020 11:12

The seasonal change in daylight hours is a universal constant and affects every part of the planet (and the rest of the galaxies with a sun) in succession according to their content. Puny attempts to 'manage' it are idiotic and pointless. It doesn't change anything. One hour either way? Self-corrected every time? Poof.

planenut 23rd October 2020 12:20

Didn't we discuss this last year? and the year before that, and before that, oh yes, every year since my birth.

VVC-Geeza 23rd October 2020 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by planenut (Post 2844019)
Didn't we discuss this last year? and the year before that, and before that, oh yes, every year since my birth.

Perhaps have a public referendum on it? As long as it doesn't take four years to act on it if the vote is to come out of it!

KLM 23rd October 2020 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza (Post 2844071)
Perhaps have a public referendum on it? As long as it doesn't take four years to act on it if the vote is to come out of it!

Yeh! great idea... we could call it TIMEX. :getmecoat:

Kev.:D

trikey 23rd October 2020 20:07

We left Europe, so leaving BST should be a breeze.

WillyHeckaslike 23rd October 2020 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraymond (Post 2844008)
Poof.

Interesting that one got through the forum filter. Believe it or not while recently attempting a search for a screw on Aliexpress the door was slammed shut in my face until I confirmed my age of 18 plus. In light of it I thought better of adding that it was for a knob for a cupboard door. :getmecoat:

planenut 24th October 2020 07:00

I finally found a digital display clock that displays all details of the day for my older Aunt, but I have delayed it's delivery as I have already adjusted it for tomorrow.

2750 HP 24th October 2020 08:35

This year is different with Covid. Whether or not you are concerned with the virus one thing is that with continuing restrictions, the onset of winter and much longer hours of darkness could possibly exacerbate the position of those prone to depression!