The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Rover 75 workshop manual CD will no longer work (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=311811)

myrova 20th March 2021 07:13

Rover 75 workshop manual CD will no longer work

Hi Folks
My CD manual had to have the computer clock set to 2002 for it to run

Now I use the rave icon it comes up with adobe version 4 then nothing.

I have tried to activate it from the file list but still no luck.

Any advise most welcome

Kind Regards Dan Gardner

AndrewJames 20th March 2021 08:50

Are you running Windows 10? I think this happened to me a while back. Rave stopped working after a system update. I think I used system restore to return my laptop to the state it was in before the update.

Or you could try running it on a different operating system if you have another/older PC.

T-Cut 20th March 2021 09:22

This from Phil-T4 in August last year.
Quote:
Until X-Part come up with a solution, you can still make it run under Windows 10 build 2004 with a bit of fiddling around.
Copy the CD contents into a folder on your harddrive or USB stick.
Locate and open the 'Acrobat4' folder.
Open the 'Resource' folder.
Delete the folders 'CMap' and 'Font' or rename them
Rave will now open and run, you may get a warning of missing fonts but it doesn't seem to cause any issues on my tests.

Hope this helps a bit.

TC

SKS Disco 23rd March 2021 21:36

May I answer this

Quote:

Originally Posted by myrova (Post 2872228)
Hi Folks
My CD manual had to have the computer clock set to 2002 for it to run

Now I use the rave icon it comes up with adobe version 4 then nothing.

I have tried to activate it from the file list but still no luck.

Any advise most welcome

Kind Regards Dan Gardner

If your RAVE disc times out it is probably a very old download. The last one ever did not time out. Now, people complain about not getting OE parts. This is and still you moan !!!
Trust me, this software was written by Omitec. You know, the people that designed and invented T4. Not XPart! The fault lies with Microsoft ! It is what it is. It is never going to be re-programmed to work with Microsoft updates.
So you have the OE software.
Should have mentioned it works for me on various machines. Running XP, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10. It is only that latest Win 10 software upgrade that stuffs it.

StewartIngram 24th March 2021 07:08

It may be the latest Win 10 update that stuffed it, but that is what it is.
The previous post with the workaround sorts it in one swoop. No need for any backdating, or running older Windows. I did mine as suggested and it works every time.

Stewart

rovertone 24th March 2021 07:57

Try this

Sorry I can't seem to load up a link but enter this item number in ebay search
223950396078. For £3.40 you get a download copy of the manual in pdf format which I have stored on several devices and saves faffing about trying to get the cd to work. I also bought same thing from another seller for the 25.

suzublu 24th March 2021 10:52

Might be useful https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...87&postcount=8

Ducati750cc 24th March 2021 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by rovertone (Post 2872980)
Sorry I can't seem to load up a link but enter this item number in ebay search
223950396078. For £3.40 you get a download copy of the manual in pdf format which I have stored on several devices and saves faffing about trying to get the cd to work. I also bought same thing from another seller for the 25.

Thanks for the link

I've just downloaded this, took about 15 mins from ordering to download.

Though I've got the same info on Raid I can now semi retire the old Vista laptop I used to use for raid, I'll keep it though for some old programs etc. I still use.

Far easier and quicker though having a PDF.