The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Fuel shortages (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=315517)

mbev51 27th September 2021 10:02

Fuel shortages

Hi, just been down to Penrith to fill up to find no queues and no ordinary diesel. In the third garage I visited I decided just to fill up with the super diesel at a huge cost £1.54! What’s going on, could this have been foreseen?

Simondi 27th September 2021 10:30

Well clearly there are no shortages of anything, fuel or otherwise and sun always shines. I fear it was only foreseeable to some:getmecoat:

mbev51 27th September 2021 11:05

Simondi, have you shortages up your way?

mbev51 27th September 2021 11:49

Simondi, have you shortages up your way?

Simondi 27th September 2021 12:30

I'm out most of the week in my works car so had to fill up, did so without any problems.
That said there have been queues at petrol stations, hopefully it will be short lived though.

clf 27th September 2021 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbev51 (Post 2901302)
Hi, just been down to Penrith to fill up to find no queues and no ordinary diesel. In the third garage I visited I decided just to fill up with the super diesel at a huge cost £1.54! What’s going on, could this have been foreseen?

Of course it was foreseen, remember toilet rolls? unfortunately it could.not have been avoided.

People are selfish, stupid and lazy. I just hope those that stockpiled the fuel have their garages, gardens or wherever ignited by a stray spark. At least then there will be a little education in at least one of the reasons why it is illegal to store relatively large quantities of fuel.

Shop as normal and the situation will be able to be managed. It is that simple. Which in the case of fuel, rationing, IF there was to be an actual.shortage!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

LotusLC 27th September 2021 13:48

The only thing short is the brain cells between peoples ears, they seem to act on all the bullshi" they see on the tv and there mobiles.

actros 27th September 2021 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by LotusLC (Post 2901329)
The only thing short is the brain cells between peoples ears, they seem to act on all the bullshi" they see on the tv and there mobiles.

We had no problems down in Surry got plenty from Tesco s had to wait ten mins but got a full tank .

Lancpudn 27th September 2021 15:03

Local BP & Shell garage still closed here, Missus says lots of drivers on the local facebook page wanting to know where they can fill up. Pics of ambulances in the queues waiting to fuel up at a Tesco supermarket :eek:

MSS 27th September 2021 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancpudn (Post 2901344)
Local BP & Shell garage still closed here, Missus says lots of drivers on the local facebook page wanting to know where they can fill up. Pics of ambulances in the queues waiting to fuel up at a Tesco supermarket :eek:

Down in Surrey by the looks of it! ;)