The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Brexit in all its glory (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=316245)

grivas 6th November 2021 08:03

Brexit in all its glory

Just a quick warning for members, Please be very careful when buying items from the EU, as a result of Brexit, you are going to be paying TAXES and IMPORT duty, so check and double check, the costs before ordering, I recently bought an item from Italy, to find out to my horror, that including VAT, and 'other' taxes, it cost me 1/3 again in total costs, utterly disgraceful, rip-off Britain.

So much for independence and freedom from Europe, to discover that our government is now sticking it to us in VAT and import duties, well done the Tories, lets give these beauties another term in office why not.

KWIL 6th November 2021 08:35

You paid VAT on ordered items even before we left the EU. You can always move country if you like the EU so much.

MSS 6th November 2021 08:48

The costs can add up. In addition to import taxes, couriers generally charge £10 to £12 for processing the paperwork at the points of import.

I used to get items such as TRW brake parts from Mister Auto but have not tried them recently for the same reason.

Arie-MG 6th November 2021 08:51

Its the same for us on this side of the pond too.
I stopped buying from UK and Ebay-UK because of al the extra charges.
Last Ebay buy of 19 pound costed me, beside the usual postcost, 6 pound of extra charges (VAT-customscharges):shrug:
Used to pay just the asking price and postcosts and that was it.
Not good for buisness on both sides of the Northsea.

Arctic 6th November 2021 09:25

social forum :shrug:

stocktake 6th November 2021 09:27

Bought some stuff from America, 1st time I've not had to pay import duty

macafee2 6th November 2021 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by grivas (Post 2906821)
Just a quick warning for members, Please be very careful when buying items from the EU, as a result of Brexit, you are going to be paying TAXES and IMPORT duty, so check and double check, the costs before ordering, I recently bought an item from Italy, to find out to my horror, that including VAT, and 'other' taxes, it cost me 1/3 again in total costs, utterly disgraceful, rip-off Britain.

So much for independence and freedom from Europe, to discover that our government is now sticking it to us in VAT and import duties, well done the Tories, lets give these beauties another term in office why not.

yes lets blame the Tories as we know for a fact any other party would have done better. Well, we dont know for a fact that any party would have done better but some will speculate. Second, the Tories did what the voting public voted for, took us out of the EU.
Do we lack a decent manufacturing industry because we the public wanted cheaper products that we could get from abroad, did companies move abroad because they could save on manufacturing costs, did we buy foreign because British made stuff was such poor quality, other reasons for buying foreign are probably many.

Look round the world at some of the costs people pay in other countries. Buying a pizza in Norway is enough to make your eyes water.

macafee2

suzublu 6th November 2021 10:37

Buying a pizza in Norway is enough to make your eyes water.
It'll be cold by the time you get home 😂

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Typhoon190 6th November 2021 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSS (Post 2906824)
I used to get items such as TRW brake parts from Mister Auto but have not tried them recently for the same reason.

Mister Auto aren't selling to the UK at the moment because of the situation unfortunately.

KWIL 6th November 2021 10:44

A cold beer in Norway will make your eyes water and your purse weep.