The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Those rattling door locks (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=224193)

Scaramanga 22nd August 2015 11:53

Those rattling door locks

4 Attachment(s)
Thought I'd give this a go today as the rattle has become a little too irritating. To be honest I'm pretty sure I read about this little mod on here :shrug: but cant find it!

I got hold of some of those wider straws from 'Costbucks', cut down the length and slipped it over the door lock and pushed down. They only seem to go down to a depth of 7 cm - so you can cut them beforehand.

....and hey presto rattle gone :D

Its a simple but effective job that only takes minutes, but credit goes to the original poster :bowdown: -whoever that was thank you!

Tip - if you are going to try this, note that upon unlocking the top of the straw becomes slightly visible, so perhaps black straws would be better rather than the red I've used ;)

Perhaps a Mod could rotate and enlarge images for me please?

mininuts 22nd August 2015 12:28

Put some heat shrink on mine, works a treat and virtually invisible ;)
Read that on here too :bowdown:

aguy 22nd August 2015 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by mininuts (Post 2078211)
Put some heat shrink on mine, works a treat and virtually invisible ;)
Read that on here too :bowdown:

Yes I'd go the heat shrink route as it will grip and is rubberised to dampen any rattle. Touch wood I haven't experienced rattles from mine yet.

roverbarmy 22nd August 2015 15:39

Another vote for heat shrink. Correct colour. I had to stretch mine slightly to get it to fit over the button but a quick heat and it is almost invisible now - rattle gone. ;)

Scaramanga 22nd August 2015 16:31

I hadnt heard of the heat shrink method so thanks for that guys :D

The straw method may be a decent alternative for us less technically inclined :o

super s 22nd August 2015 18:27

macdonalds starws are working perfect in mine...

however in mine zt the starws entered all the way, didn t need to cut any of them ...

talking about size of course, because i cutted in the length so it fitted the button...

no noises for a month...

super s 22nd August 2015 18:27

hope it stays like this....

Scaramanga 25th August 2015 14:28

I gotta say this has worked a treat!

No rattles at all :D

I'm on the look out for some black straws to replace the red. I have never used heat shrink before and dont have the necessary skills so this little mod will do for me.

Certainly improves the quality 'feel' Of my 75 without those pesky rattles :D

Hope this is useful for those others who are afflicted ;)

aguy 25th August 2015 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scaramanga (Post 2080704)
I gotta say this has worked a treat!

No rattles at all :D

I'm on the look out for some black straws to replace the red. I have never used heat shrink before and dont have the necessary skills so this little mod will do for me.

Certainly improves the quality 'feel' Of my 75 without those pesky rattles :D

Hope this is useful for those others who are afflicted ;)

Hi Lee,

Great, if it's done the job that's all you need.So glad you're sorted as pesky rattles can be so annoying.

As for heat shrink it's so easy to use, just use a heat shrink sleeve slightly larger than the knob, cut to length, slip it on and use a hot air blower, even a hair dryer will do at a push, and the sleeve will shrink tightly to the knob.

Scaramanga 25th August 2015 15:21

Ah...

Well that doesnt seem beyond my capabilities. I'll look into it.