The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   DMGRS again !! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=327426)

Sonic ZS 26th March 2024 13:46

DMGRS again !!

Great service once again from everyone at DMGRS - placed an order for a selection of random parts just two days ago (on Sunday, in readiness for our upcoming trip abroad), and the delivery arrived less than 48hrs later - amazing service !! :}

One small issue, but I'm confident they'll sort it quickly.

Very impressed :}

bl52krz 27th March 2024 13:21

Hi Paul. If anyone has a query about anything that is ordered, just get on the phone and it will be sorted out straight away. Wish every supplier/distributor was on the ball like DMGRS.

chris75 27th March 2024 15:34

I agree :}
I have also just had some very good after-sales service from them .

pletevl 29th March 2024 15:28

I'm in France and I placed an order with them and it was sent out quickly, I didn't pay VAT on the order wich came to £238 and paid an extra £39 for transport for head gaskets, water pump and little bits and pieces.

I've just received a message from FEDEX, they want 155€ in customs charges ! What a rip off.

This has nothing to do with DMGRS. But I will be trying to find parts locally from now on, or at least in europe.

Pete.

vitesse 29th March 2024 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by pletevl (Post 2992371)
I'm in France and I placed an order with them and it was sent out quickly, I didn't pay VAT on the order wich came to £238 and paid an extra £39 for transport for head gaskets, water pump and little bits and pieces.

I've just received a message from FEDEX, they want 155€ in customs charges ! What a rip off.

This has nothing to do with DMGRS. But I will be trying to find parts locally from now on, or at least in europe.

Pete.

I believe that since Brexit we in Europe no longer have to pay UK VAT (check DMGRS' invoice) but instead our own local rates, unfortunately.

I much prefer FedEx, their service is much, much better than PostNord (Royal Mail/Swedish Post Office). The main difference is that with FedEx I pay customs fees after I have received the goods, with PostNord (if I manage to ever get the goods) I first have the goods held in customs, wait for snail post notification of amount due, pay, then I receive the goods. But as Mr. Stocktake knows, sometimes PostNord can’t even be bothered to lift the parcel to find the custom’s declaration but instead return the goods to sender.

I’ve experienced no difference in customs fees, both charge the standard 25% VAT we endure, there is a slightly higher fee or handling charge imposed by FedEx compared to PostNord but in my view well worth the extra.

Regards

pletevl 30th March 2024 07:58

Just got the details and it’s 65€ vat, I think DMgRS must have made a mistake when they declared the value which is £238. 20% of that is not 65€.

And 85€ handling charge ! What a rip off.

Pete.

torque2me 30th March 2024 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by pletevl (Post 2992424)
Just got the details and it’s 65€ vat, I think DMgRS must have made a mistake when they declared the value which is £238. 20% of that is not 65€.

And 85€ handling charge ! What a rip off.

Pete.

e-Mail David on the Two-Sixties forum. He is in Holland and I believe close to a dealer who obtained much of the parts available in Europe. Certainly he will be able to provide links. There is also a ZT260 owner based in France but at the moment I cannot recall his moniker.
Kev

grivas 31st March 2024 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by pletevl (Post 2992371)

Pete.

Ah the delights of Brexit....

wraymond 31st March 2024 14:42

Is DMGRS closed for Easter?

stevebrookman 3rd April 2024 09:05

Got to mention them as well. Ordered the Renault 5 thermostat which promptly arrived. Was faulty unfortunately but another one was posted out immediately.

Fantastic service.