The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   car wont start (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=292610)

maudlawes 5th February 2019 15:09

car wont start

75 con not been used for some time,went out yesterday,20 miles did some shopping,started fine,20 miles back,stopped at another shop,came out would not start,turns over fine,had breakdown out said it could be elec fuel punp,fitted new one today,still the same,how long does it take to self prime,new fuel and oil fitted and all belts and oil change in last few months,recovery man was talking about crank shaft fuel sender,????anyone got any ideas please:shrug:

vitesse 5th February 2019 16:30

You’ve got a T4 equipped garage in Newton Abbot (Exeter Road Garage) just down the road from you. They should be able to pinpoint the problem with the T4, and save you a lot of time / expense guessing and replacing parts needlessly.

Regards

marinabrian 5th February 2019 17:42

Harry, make sure the ECM isn't sitting in a puddle, and see if there is 12v present on the white/purple wire of the fuel pump.

Brian :D

markypicks 5th February 2019 18:03

can you hear your ubp kicking in when your key is at postion 2 or as Brian says check your plenums make sure your ecu not taken a bath i had the same problem a month ago rgds mark

maudlawes 5th February 2019 18:48

wont start

have got fuel up to the filter and my oil light is on, no water by ecu done most weeks,tomorrow I will crack the injectors to make surh fuel is getting to engine,will test wire as suggested,many thanks to all will keep updating regards harry

marinabrian 5th February 2019 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by maudlawes (Post 2708777)
have got fuel up to the filter and my oil light is on, no water by ecu done most weeks,tomorrow I will crack the injectors to make surh fuel is getting to engine,will test wire as suggested,many thanks to all will keep updating regards harry

Don't crack the injector unions Harry, the rail pressure on crank alone is 2200 psi, will the car start with a sniff of easistart?

maudlawes 6th February 2019 08:32

wont start

recovery man tried easystart,will give it another go,what is my next step brian regards harry

Heddy 6th February 2019 09:02

Do you have problems with warm starts cold starts or both?

Loyboy 6th February 2019 09:20

My Rover eats cam sensors, albeit aftermarket ones. Same symptoms, perfectly fine one minute, park then won't fire up, just turns over. I keep two in the car, usually last 6 months or so at £20 each approx. Quick to change, whip of the manifold cover then unplug and one little bolt.
Hope it's that.
Good luck.

maudlawes 6th February 2019 12:20

wont start

thanks to everyone for their suggestions,brian iwas not going to crack the injectors only the pipes on the fuel bar feeding them,tried easystart again engine tried to start but did not will get a computer pluged in in the next few days thanks again to all regards harry