The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Items Wanted (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Plastic Foot Rest (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=306714)

Odd Job 27th July 2020 09:27

Plastic Foot Rest

Hi all,

As the title says, I'm after the foot rest you plonk your left foot on when not using the clutch.
I'm planning to modify one, I find I keep catching it when I press the clutch, so I'm going to attempt to slim it down a bit!

KWIL 27th July 2020 09:41

Similar but not the same problem.

When transferring foot from clutch pedal to foot rest, my shoe would not easily clear the clutch pedal. So, modified clutch pedal created which is slightly offset to the right by enough to more readily clear.

HarryM1BYT 27th July 2020 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWIL (Post 2827334)
Similar but not the same problem.

When transferring foot from clutch pedal to foot rest, my shoe would not easily clear the clutch pedal. So, modified clutch pedal created which is slightly offset to the right by enough to more readily clear.

What I find a problem in the 75, is the restricted toe clearance above the pedals for my size 9's. I have to be careful what foot wear I put on when I drive - I don't know how drivers with a larger shoe size manage.

Mickyboy 27th July 2020 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odd Job (Post 2827330)
Hi all,

As the title says, I'm after the foot rest you plonk your left foot on when not using the clutch.
I'm planning to modify one, I find I keep catching it when I press the clutch, so I'm going to attempt to slim it down a bit!

Hi mate,

I’ve dropped you a PM regarding the foot rest
Mick

Adam Damian 27th July 2020 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odd Job (Post 2827330)
Hi all,

Just a thought - I experienced just the same problem. Apart from wearing relatively slim shoes; I say relatively because I am quite a wide fit & size 10 - reduces catching. Also, after 5 years of driving a 75, I found that the 'natural angle' of the feet helps - that is to say 10 'o clock and 2 'o clock, is the best foot posture. Also, when driving round town, it is fine to rest the foot on the clutch peddle - this way you aren't 'driving on the clutch' and you don't need to keep moving your foot across to said block.
Hope this makes sense and helps.
Adam

Ravinder 27th July 2020 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT (Post 2827339)
What I find a problem in the 75, is the restricted toe clearance above the pedals for my size 9's. I have to be careful what foot wear I put on when I drive - I don't know how drivers with a larger shoe size manage.

I have the exact same problem. I’m a size 12. :o

Odd Job 30th July 2020 08:58

I'll have a go at modifying a foot rest, the reason I want another one, is if it doesn't go to plan and I make a complete dogs hind leg of it, I 've still got my original!

When I get one to play with I'll take some photo's and post.