The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Electric Window Screech (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=306048)

Looey 30th June 2020 22:17

Electric Window Screech

Hi,

The Driver's window on my 2001 75 makes a terrible screech when moving up the last few inches when it closes. Is there a known common cause for this on these cars, or is it a take the door apart to see what's going on scenario ?.

It sounds like it's coming from the upper frame area but I have cleaned and lubed (rubber silicone spray) all the channels but that has made little, if no difference.

Cheers

trikey 1st July 2020 10:27

Every time I have had a screeching window it has been the regulator that is on the way out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markypicks 1st July 2020 16:52

agree with trikey pm mickyboy to see if hes got a regulator and motor rgds mark

Looey 2nd July 2020 17:50

Oh joy, but cheers chaps, how difficult a job will this be ? :duh:

Seems one thing after another at the moment :rolleyes:

75driver 2nd July 2020 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Looey (Post 2822463)
Oh joy, but cheers chaps, how difficult a job will this be ? :duh:

Seems one thing after another at the moment :rolleyes:

It’s not a bad job at all.
Read up on how to take door card off.
After that, it’s nuts and bolts.
Could probably be done in 3/4 an hour if you knew what you were doing, but I’d say it took me 2 hr really taking my time.

Looey 3rd July 2020 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by 75driver (Post 2822515)
It’s not a bad job at all.
Read up on how to take door card off.
After that, it’s nuts and bolts.
Could probably be done in 3/4 an hour if you knew what you were doing, but I’d say it took me 2 hr really taking my time.

Nice one, thanks.

It can stay screeching for a while, as it operates perfectly at the moment lol

COLVERT 3rd July 2020 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Looey (Post 2822687)
Nice one, thanks.

It can stay screeching for a while, as it operates perfectly at the moment lol

A stitch in time saves nine.--;)

Best to fix it before something breaks as at the moment it might cost nowt but if something does break-------:cry::cry::cry:

richw 3rd July 2020 19:18

My rear passenger window suddenly failed, and I was left with a window I could not close. So you don't really want a sudden failure! Might be prudent to keep some duct tape, plastic bin liner and a block of wood in the car. If it fails whilst you are out, then you can bodge it.

75driver 3rd July 2020 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by richw (Post 2822705)
My rear passenger window suddenly failed, and I was left with a window I could not close. So you don't really want a sudden failure! Might be prudent to keep some duct tape, plastic bin liner and a block of wood in the car. If it fails whilst you are out, then you can bodge it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2822692)
A stitch in time saves nine.--;)

Best to fix it before something breaks as at the moment it might cost nowt but if something does break-------:cry::cry::cry:

Wot they said...
When mine started screeching it off only lasted a couple more weeks before the cable snapped.

suzublu 3rd July 2020 21:41

I don't open my windows cos they scratch the glass

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk