The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Accident. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=309852)

Heddy 13th December 2020 16:17

Accident.

Oh dear, just been side swiped trying to turn right. Drivers wing, drivers door, rear door and a little rear arch damage. Expecting a write off obviously. An 04 92k diesel Conn SE Firefrost. Won't be offered much so will be looking for another car.

macafee2 13th December 2020 16:25

You must be gutted. Have you other drivers details, was it their fault and what are they saying? Could you get the car repaired for not too much?
macafee2

Rick-sta 13th December 2020 16:26

assuming the accident was the other party's fault and if the damage ain't too bad i.e. repairable then you could ask a payment in lieu of repairs. Get a few quotes from body shops.

Then you can use the funds to buy 2 second hand doors and fit those and get the arch fixed at a body shop.

This is assuming the damage is only cosmetic and if you'd have the time to do this.

Heddy 13th December 2020 16:43

Wasn't my fault, I was turning right on a main road (still moving) lady jumps over a 'give way' road on my right, maybe she has an auto, not sure. Will surely be written off, I can't be faffing with repairing it anyway, looking at auto's, 75's of course.

Saga Lout 13th December 2020 16:49

But.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heddy (Post 2853801)
Oh dear, just been side swiped trying to turn right. Drivers wing, drivers door, rear door and a little rear arch damage. Expecting a write off obviously. An 04 92k diesel Conn SE Firefrost. Won't be offered much so will be looking for another car.

It's all mostly bolt on stuff and easily swapped so why not try to find panels in that colour, the doors and wing could be done in under an hour.

FLYING BANANA 13th December 2020 17:05

At least you are ok. The car done it’s job in keeping you safe. Cars can be repaired.

steady eddie 13th December 2020 19:43

I was surprised how much I was offered for my 54 plate tourer by the insurance company, they took 5% off the settlement figure and I kept the car which had 4 brand new tyres fitted the same morning as the car caught fire, my car had done twice the mileage your car has done so you might be surprised at the offer you get, mine was classified class B write off so could not go back on the road.

Number 6 13th December 2020 22:49

I know it is always a traumatic experience when you have an accident, But I am always amazed at how easily people are willing to allow their cars to be written off when they could with a little time and effort be kept on the road. I know that if it was only superficial damage I would fight to keep my car from being written off, especially if the accident was not my fault.

Heddy 14th December 2020 06:26

Yes, a couple of doors and a wing. I'd have to source them, fit them, fill in the wheel arch, spray etc. Then investigate the steering, the steering has gone light and the wheel has changed position so damage around the wishbone I expect. The car hit the front wheel first (at 90 degrees) Then I have a Cat C car I guess.

macafee2 14th December 2020 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heddy (Post 2853872)
Yes, a couple of doors and a wing. I'd have to source them, fit them, fill in the wheel arch, spray etc. Then investigate the steering, the steering has gone light and the wheel has changed position so damage around the wishbone I expect. The car hit the front wheel first (at 90 degrees) Then I have a Cat C car I guess.

would you have a cat c? I thought I had seen a thread here where a deal was done, car not written off and a cash settlement.

macafee2