The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   I.C.E. Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Super budget double din install (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=295575)

janker 1st September 2019 14:55

3 Attachment(s)
Hi All
I purchased one of these units and fitted it and works fine im just trying get the rear camera working,I have connected it all up as in Dallas picture below except mine is a slightly different model.
But at the moment i have power to the rear camera when i select reverse and camera lights up ok,I have connected the red trigger wire at the back of the unit to the Brown wire labelled BACK on the Din unit and thought this would work when i select reverse but sadly no,Now im wondering if i need to connect the other wire labelled BRAKE coming from the small din plug adjoining the RCA cable to the two wires ive already connected to trigger the camera on screen,It says on the attached diagram it needs +12 volts,So was wondering if it would be possible to connect this wire to try.
I have enclosed the small wiring diagrams from the manual as Dallas has been helping me but is difficult to explain without seeing these.

janker 4th September 2019 18:20

Hi Everybody
All sorted Steering wheel controls now working,I had cut and connected the wrong wire after help from Dallas.
Also rear camera now working found the problem on mine was a tiny black wire that goes into Din unit connector was not making a contact on the small pins after testing with my meter,Managed to push it out with a pin and solder it properly,now all good to go.

Thankyou to everybody for all your help as i have been private messaging some of you guys much appreciated.

cheers julian

robeire 13th September 2019 12:25

me to

hi colin,

i got both of them and am in the middle of fitting them

seem ok for the price :}

some cutting required to fit head unit in ,
good thing no basket required for neeter job.

it buzzes when i turn on the lights ,
im sure i seen a remidy for this somewere
else on the fourm .

im in co.meath if you ever need anything down my way

let me know .

rob

KWIL 22nd January 2020 14:58

Sorry to report that after 7 months and only 4K miles, unit has given up. Just have a feint glow on screen and apps do not load. Seller un responsive. So I guess that I have to start again:mad:

Sjonnie 22nd January 2020 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWIL (Post 2788305)
Sorry to report that after 7 months and only 4K miles, unit has given up. Just have a feint glow on screen and apps do not load. Seller un responsive. So I guess that I have to start again:mad:

On the bright side though: the unit cost little over £7 per month:D That's not too bad ;)

KWIL 6th February 2020 11:29

PITA. I need a working unit not a succssion of new toys.

Sjonnie 6th February 2020 16:11

Then be prepared to spend a bit more. Get an xTrons (or an Eonon if you can find it) if you need something that almost looks OEM. I have had a few in different cars and they always performed nicely. I have an xTrons in my ZT-T for about 1½ years and never even had to reset it.:D

You didn't really expect a unit not even 50 GBP would last long, did you? :shrug:

Robson Rover Repair 24th February 2020 23:58

Must have been the alternative unit being poor.

I've got 3 of my original style now and no problems with them, bar my original I accidentally deleted the GPS function and had to reinstall the software.