The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   rover 75 cdti tourer remap (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=310642)

david2000 22nd January 2021 18:09

rover 75 cdti tourer remap

hi to all
i have a question for big russ
reading the threads on this forum on remap the ecu the facelift diesel has to have the ecu remaped so is it done on the T4 with the X power software and can the bhp be increased from 131 to 160
david

marinabrian 22nd January 2021 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2000 (Post 2861187)
hi to all
reading the threads on this forum on remap the ecu the facelift diesel has to have the ecu remaped so is it done on the T4 with the X power software and can the bhp be increased from 131 to 160
david

XPower upgrade (DXT0002W) takes a 116PS diesel to 131PS (114 BHP to 129BHP)

If you look at the tune assembly with T4, or indeed the VN string of ZCS coding it will tell you if a car is a 116 or a 131.

The 160 upgrade can also be applied using T4, but you won't be able to buy the disc to do so, as it was never made available for general release ;)

Brian :D

BoroRover 22nd January 2021 19:37

Quote:

hi to all
david

I'm not sure of the ins and outs of how it is done, but I had my 131 remapped to 160 by the legendary MarinaBrian, and it's brilliant, thoroughly recommended.

BigRuss 22nd January 2021 19:53

Quote:

hi to all
david

Hi David, the diesel can be re-mapped with the 160 map from either 116ps or 135ps ;) We do use T4 and custom software if the car is present, otherwise we have dedicated software and equipment to do it if the ECU is sent by post.

Russ

Number 6 22nd January 2021 20:00

It is well worth having it done, totally transforms the car. Makes it the car it should have always been.:D

david2000 22nd January 2021 20:31

thank you russ for your reply how much would it cost to remap the ecu and i post it to you and would it cause any problems the car has done 1002,000
david

BigRuss 22nd January 2021 21:49

It shouldn't cause any problems we've remapped quite few with more than double that mileage without any issues.

I've sent you details via pm.

Russ

COLVERT 22nd January 2021 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2000 (Post 2861219)
thank you russ for your reply how much would it cost to remap the ecu and i post it to you and would it cause any problems the car has done 1002,000
david

Wow.--That's over a million miles.------:bowdown::bowdown:

One million two thousand to be exact.----:eek::eek::eek:

david2000 23rd January 2021 00:22

my mistake 102,000

Jamiewelch 23rd January 2021 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2000 (Post 2861242)
my mistake 102,000

Maps depend on how much torque you want. The "160" map can produce around a 20% increase in peak torque. Or others offer a 50% increase in torque.

Torque is what you feel :). Some people on here will say that a clutch can't handle the power, but it definitely can (providing it isn't already knackered).

See below image of a dyno printout achieving about the most torque you can get without smoke. To get more power a larger turbo needs to be fitted.

https://i.imgur.com/aj1jNuj.jpg?1

Alf Best 23rd January 2021 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamiewelch (Post 2861281)
Maps depend on how much torque you want. The "160" map can produce around a 20% increase in peak torque. Or others offer a 50% increase in torque.

Torque is what you feel :). Some people on here will say that a clutch can't handle the power, but it definitely can (providing it isn't already knackered).

See below image of a dyno printout achieving about the most torque you can get without smoke. To get more power a larger turbo needs to be fitted.

Interesting graph, what units are those then? Smarties or liquorice all sorts.?

Jamiewelch 23rd January 2021 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf Best (Post 2861388)
Interesting graph, what units are those then? Smarties or liquorice all sorts.?

Lbft and HP. No need for comments like that. It’s an actual printout unlike the “160” ones.

marinabrian 24th January 2021 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamiewelch (Post 2861389)
Lbft and HP. No need for comments like that. It’s an actual printout unlike the “160” ones.

:

On a serious note, I'd like you to calculate the maximum permissible torque transmission of a CDT clutch.

The figures are

A driven plate with external diameter of 228mm with a friction coefficient of 0.25

An axial clamping load of 1484 lb exerted by the pressure plate

No flim flam such as your clutch will be fine if it's ok, but if it's knackered it won't etc will be entertained, and your working out figures must be shown.

SKS Disco 28th January 2021 21:16

Xpower upgrade

Quote:

hi to all
david

The genuine XPower upgrade only unlocks a certain thing in the ECU.
All 116 are capable of 135.
All the upgrade does is remove a "gateway" to the full map.
The disc on it's own is pointless. That just allows T4 access to an area usually locked. Every disc is the same.
Now comes the clever bit :D
If you ordered this from XPart, you would receive a disc, instructions, a certificate which in theory you send to your insurance company and a sort of metallic sticker that should be attached just above your VIN plate on the A pillar. What you also get, is the Unlock code for your VIN !
These are unique and are generated by some Pixie at XPart :D
The 160 upgrade was never official but I understand it works well. Just don't ask XPart for the 160 version :getmecoat:

BigRuss 28th January 2021 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKS Disco (Post 2862188)
If you ordered this from XPart, you would receive a disc, instructions, a certificate which in theory you send to your insurance company and a sort of metallic sticker that should be attached just above your VIN plate on the A pillar. What you also get, is the Unlock code for your VIN !
These are unique and are generated by some Pixie at XPart :D
The 160 upgrade was never official but I understand it works well. Just don't ask XPart for the 160 version :getmecoat:

If you really know what you're doing on T4 you can access the unlock code for the 135 upgrade, you don't need X-part to generate it. But the car has to be present. ;)

But if you do go through X-part you get a nice sticker for your B pillar :getmecoat:

Russ

SKS Disco 28th January 2021 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRuss (Post 2862194)
If you really know what you're doing on T4 you can access the unlock code for the 135 upgrade, you don't need X-part to generate it. But the car has to be present. ;)

But if you do go through X-part you get a nice sticker for your B pillar :getmecoat:

Russ

Apologies. I meant B pillar. But this was the official MGR way of doing it. Nowadays there is various ways of upgrading stuff. But people want OE !!:getmecoat:
Personally, I would not bother with a 2000cc diesel if you want some HP and grunt.
Not in a car the size of a R75.
Never going to happen.

Even my ZTT 190 would not blow you away, performance wise.
Compared to a Skyline for example.

Thats a thought...
take the engine out of a Skyline and match it to a Kawasaki Z1000 engine system.A
Wow. It has been done by the way.
Was put into a ford ute pickup . 0 to 100 in about 6 seconds.
And yes, it was street legal ! :bowdown::bowdown:

Brunty 26th June 2022 18:44

re map

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamiewelch (Post 2861281)

Thanks for sorting it today, my son Steve says the car is a beast, and I have to agree. More go than our last 2 litre v6, doesn't sing the same noise as a V6 on full throttle but really does go. Should have done this out of the factory when new!

COLVERT 27th June 2022 06:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2861550)
:

On a serious note, I'd like you to calculate the maximum permissible torque transmission of a CDT clutch.

The figures are

A driven plate with external diameter of 228mm with a friction coefficient of 0.25

An axial clamping load of 1484 lb exerted by the pressure plate

No flim flam such as your clutch will be fine if it's ok, but if it's knackered it won't etc will be entertained, and your working out figures must be shown.

Wouldn't you need the the surface area of the friction plate and not just its diameter ??