The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Placing Rover 75 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=287034)

1133rob 14th August 2018 11:46

Placing Rover 75

Hi,

I have always had great advice on forums - so can I just say thank you to anyone who takes the time to reply.

Can anyone please help me place this Rover 75 in the sales market - I have looked on ebay etc and there appears to be a huge price variation.

It is an 06 plate with 71,000 miles diesel - I think its a cdti classic

I bought it for my dad in 2011 from a retired judge and it had 30,000 on the clock. My dad owned it until he passed away in 2016 and my sister has owned it ever since. My dad was very particular about his cars and it was waxoyled and re undersealed not long after acquiring it.

It has just been serviced / mot and has full service history.

It has rear parking sensors and a set of rear mud flaps that I scoured the earth for.

It is in wine red and in fantastic condition - unfortunately I am unable to upload a picture - they do not do it justice.

Thank you in anticipation.

Best regards Rob

suzublu 14th August 2018 12:04

You need to be a subscribed member to advertise a car for sale Rob:cool: Sounds nice though;)

1133rob 14th August 2018 12:06

Thanks for the reply - No problem subscribing but I need a starting price and how do you add a picture

suzublu 14th August 2018 12:08

Use a hosting site like Imgur or Flickr etc:cool:

Nick Greg 14th August 2018 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1133rob (Post 2659881)
Thanks for the reply - No problem subscribing but I need a starting price and how do you add a picture

Subscribe first then you can sell it. I'd hate to think you were trying to get a price idea and then were to sell it elsewhere? The subs are very small for what you can get from this site

Graham1961 14th August 2018 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1133rob (Post 2659877)
Hi,

I have always had great advice on forums - so can I just say thank you to anyone who takes the time to reply.

Can anyone please help me place this Rover 75 in the sales market - I have looked on ebay etc and there appears to be a huge price variation.

It is an 06 plate with 71,000 miles diesel - I think its a cdti classic

I bought it for my dad in 2011 from a retired judge and it had 30,000 on the clock. My dad owned it until he passed away in 2016 and my sister has owned it ever since. My dad was very particular about his cars and it was waxoyled and re undersealed not long after acquiring it.

It has just been serviced / mot and has full service history.

It has rear parking sensors and a set of rear mud flaps that I scoured the earth for.

It is in wine red and in fantastic condition - unfortunately I am unable to upload a picture - they do not do it justice.

Thank you in anticipation.

Best regards Rob

Hello Rob.

The car sounds a nice example, however to sell the car on here you will need to subscribe to be able to advertise the car on the For Sale Section.

chris75 14th August 2018 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1133rob (Post 2659881)
...…..and how do you add a picture

When you are writing in the "new post" text box , look at the tool bar above the box . There is an attachment tool there . You can then browse for your photo and upload it to your post.

Comfortably Numb 14th August 2018 18:22

Hi, Rob, as you say there is a huge variation in price asked, and without going to see other similar cars to see how they really compare, you won't know where it belongs, but by the sound of it, somewhere between £900 and £1,500. Then it's down to getting really good pics, as many as you can, preferably taken on a sunny day in a nice location (polished red always looks good against a green grass background), and close-ups of any minor blemishes - if it has any - just to show folks (Is that as bad as it gets?) If the wheels are clean and scrape free, show good pics of each one - it shows its been carefully driven, likewise the drivers seat bolster - a good indicator of how many journeys, stop/starts a car has done. Don't use tyre black, just make sure they are clean. Then give a detailed description of it's service/maintenance history, without being flowery. 'Ex-judge's car' is a better heritage than 'used by my sister for last few years' - sad, but true. You need 2 or more people to really want it. Don't forget to mention '131bhp bullet-proof BMW engine with timing chain. If I'd known that, I would never have bought my second Audi! Good luck!

marinabrian 14th August 2018 23:17

I made a spare key for this car a couple of years back, and at the time it was a very well sorted car, in arguably one of the nicest Mk2 colours, Firefrost.

It's a Classic SE, with Axis Tuscany interior, and PDC.

From what I remember of the car, I'd say given the mileage and condition, around £1900 would be a fair price.

Good low mileage diesels are thin on the ground, and bearing in mind that some people are attempting to sell cars with higher mileage, with little in the way of toys for considerably more than this, this would make someone a nice car ;)

If anyone is interested, I would be more than happy to cast my eye over the car, and give an unbiased opinion as to it's current condition :)

Brian :D

Davethepaint 15th August 2018 21:25

On Gumtree absolute stunner ��