The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Quick run away (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=313461)

cbr1100xx 10th June 2021 17:33

Quick run away

You often read of posts on here where the owner has gone to a garage to get a diagnosis, then asked on here to get advise , and quite often it is said to go to another garage.

I have never had this problem.....until today.

Took the ford explorer to a garage I have used in the past to get them to change the fuel filter.
I supplied the filter and said i would wait for it as it shouldn't take long,2 push fitting.
Guy came back out after 20 minutes and asked if i had the pipes as well?
What pipes?
The one to the tank and the other to the engine , you need these as it's a single use filter designed for the life of the car , it's not really a filter but it's got a small pump in it.

Time to make my excuses and leave.
It is just a filter held on by 2 push fittings.
I have never heard anything like before
I have now changed it myself .

Stan

FrattonEnder 11th June 2021 13:15

Had similar many years back with my old 213. She'd developed a bit of a mis-fire which I couldn't fathom. Took her to the local Rover dealer who said it wasn't a misfire but my 'firm suspension' and couldn't diagnose any further as they couldn't plug it into their computer. Needless to say, I never darkened their doorstep again.

Can't remember exactly what the issue was in the end, but the second garage I took her to sorted it for not much cash at all. Engine never missed a beat again after that.

Discofan 12th June 2021 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbr1100xx (Post 2885780)
You often read of posts on here where the owner has gone to a garage to get a diagnosis, then asked on here to get advise , and quite often it is said to go to another garage.

I have never had this problem.....until today.

Took the ford explorer to a garage I have used in the past to get them to change the fuel filter.
I supplied the filter and said i would wait for it as it shouldn't take long,2 push fitting.
Guy came back out after 20 minutes and asked if i had the pipes as well?
What pipes?
The one to the tank and the other to the engine , you need these as it's a single use filter designed for the life of the car , it's not really a filter but it's got a small pump in it.

Time to make my excuses and leave.
It is just a filter held on by 2 push fittings.
I have never heard anything like before
I have now changed it myself .

Stan

Why take it to a garage at all if you could do it yourself? :shrug:

cbr1100xx 12th June 2021 16:41

1 it's easier
2 you need a special tool to remove it(or a cut down sharpie lid)
3 no strength, energy or confidence on things I work on on the car
4 I can afford to pay someone else to get a face full of crud and fuel.

Ok with that?

Stan