The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Humour Corner (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Toyota recall. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=53305)

VVC-Geeza 4th February 2010 23:03

Toyota recall.

Toyota have apologised for not spotting the fault which causes loss of control.

They would have noticed it sooner if the Yaris had actually been bought by men. :D

Scribbler. 5th February 2010 00:02

:lol: "The car in front is a Toyota .... he's in front `cos he has NO BRAKES.!!! :shrug: Mike.

Dragrad 5th February 2010 00:06

For those who are at a loss on this thread....

Not a brake problem ;)

The details are here :)

The 'funny' part is the spokesman refers to that "all his friends and family drive Toyotas"... Do all of your friends and family drive Rovers ?

Spin at it's best.......

2Diesels 5th February 2010 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragrad (Post 460194)
Do all of your friends and family drive Rovers ?

My Dad drives a Skoda my Brother drives a Renault & I haven't got any friends:shrug:

I dont know why they've suddenly picked on Toyota over a recall, must be a slow news week. All manufacturers dish out safety related recalls but you rarely here about them unless you own one of the cars. I remember the old Xantia hanbrake recall when it was found Xantias were rolling away which was actually proved by government testing to be operator error but Citroen still released a modified handbrake lever to help solve the problem, or there was the Volvo 340 sudden brake master cylinder failure.

What I'm trying to say is just because they've found a problem it doesn't mean they're a bad manufacturer, I've had a Toyota & apart from parts prices it was one of the best cars I've ever owned

Roverowner 5th February 2010 10:37

My Dad drives a Skoda my Brother drives a Renault & I haven't got any friends:shrug:

Well if you will go around in a ginger car, what can you expect:D:D

Very true that youīre saying. They seem to have flogged Haiti enough and now there arenīt any juicy bits left:o. Remember Volvo having some fantastic new paint program for the cars. Didnīt need the 4 or 5 coats anymore as the paint mix was fantastic. 6 months after the first ones rolled off the line, all the paint started to peal and big rust blisters. Didnīt do their immage much good when huge problems with rust started to happen in the US..... California:eek::zap::D

2Diesels 5th February 2010 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roverowner (Post 460281)

Well if you will go around in a ginger car, what can you expect:D:D

Very true that youīre saying. They seem to have flogged Haiti enough and now there arenīt any juicy bits left:o. Remember Volvo having some fantastic new paint program for the cars. Didnīt need the 4 or 5 coats anymore as the paint mix was fantastic. 6 months after the first ones rolled off the line, all the paint started to peal and big rust blisters. Didnīt do their immage much good when huge problems with rust started to happen in the US..... California:eek::zap::D

Ah so that's what it is:p:
I can vaguely remember something about that so must have been longer than a week ago:shrug::D

VVC-Geeza 5th February 2010 13:22

Anyone like the joke btw? :lol:

2Diesels 5th February 2010 13:31

Sorry I didnt even notice this was in the humour corner I just started raving like a lunatic:o:getmecoat:

Number 6 5th February 2010 14:29

The 'funny' part is the spokesman refers to that "all his friends and family drive Toyotas"... Do all of your friends and family drive Rovers ?

Being a director he probably get them cheep for them :shrug::shrug:

Ragman 5th February 2010 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragrad (Post 460194)
Not a brake problem ;)

The details are here :)

But the potential Prius recall is for brakes (or lack of them)