The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   new tyres for my 75 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=298349)

bsabantam 13th August 2019 19:28

new tyres for my 75

I have 17 in serpentine alloys and these are fitted with 225/45/17 what options were offered as a standard fit on a 2.0 diesel auto?
looking for the cheapest option thanks.

macafee2 14th August 2019 06:39

I think there are other more important considerations then cost and I ask you to consider one of them, grip.
I don't know if good tyres that claim good fuel economy pay for themselves with fuel savings but grip is what keeps you on the road particularly in the wet and ice

macafee2

Mike Trident 14th August 2019 08:11

What he said!:}

Tourist 14th August 2019 11:41

I've used Camskill, Blackcircles and most recently TyresOnTheDrive.

All of them have been cheaper than the likes of the mainstream tyre fitters - particularly TyresOnTheDrive, whom I like because of the fact that you just buy the tyres and someone comes and fits them for you wherever the car's parked.

My preferred tyre brand is Falken - a good balance of grip, price and wear.

It is a complete nightmare though so really you pays your money and takes your choice, but the advice not just to go with the cheapest is definitely worth taking - you'll most likely find that for a few quid more, you'll find somethig a lot better.

cbr1100xx 14th August 2019 19:43

There are some cheap tyres out there but do some research as well.
I am currently running on boto vantage h8 225 45 18 and have been for 2 1/2 years.
I have just changed the fronts over after nearly 18000 miles and they still have 2 -3mm of tread , one was damaged after running over a rock so I thought I would change both...£81.50 fitted.
They are a nice quiet tyre ,not harsh , and are long lasting, made in China and I was told in the same factory as fire stone.
A lot of grip comes from your suspension, ie tram lining and wandering could be tyres but is more likely to be a worn bush or joint.

I drive to my abilities and the cars , no need to tear about.
If it's raining...slow down.

I do between 15 and 20 thousand miles a year and I have not had one incident due to ditch finders , and a lot of those miles are on country roads that are normally covered in mud and stuff.
I personally think people spend to much time looking at ratings and stuff , who knows how much fuel you will save by buying brand x , a lot of various things to consider, tyre pressure, suspension components, state of engine , temperature, rd surface all make it rather impossible to say you will save 0.01p every mile from one brand to another.

Stan