The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Hesitation under acceleration (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=320258)

FLYING BANANA 27th July 2022 19:44

Hesitation under acceleration

Banana has started to hesitate under hard acceleration. OK if you slowly pull away, but we have a few steep hills around here and I cannot always get a run at them. It’s only just started. Not there all the time just occasionally.

Had a service three weeks ago with new plugs fitted.

Any ideas?

Number 6 27th July 2022 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2940608)
Banana has started to hesitate under hard acceleration. OK if you slowly pull away, but we have a few steep hills around here and I cannot always get a run at them. It’s only just started. Not there all the time just occasionally.

Had a service three weeks ago with new plugs fitted.

Any ideas?

It has been known for the Coil Packs to play up:shrug:

stevestrat 27th July 2022 20:03

Does sound like coil packs Bob. For a while I had a 1.8 and 1.8T, the 1.8T had that problem so tried the coil packs from the 1.8, cured it.

dave lincs 28th July 2022 09:25

Hi Bob

Coil packs are the normal things that cause this but but if you remove them you can pull off the rubber boot and clean the inside contact

Dave

trikey 28th July 2022 09:49

Check the plug gaps Bob seeing as you have had new ones fitted.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

stocktake 28th July 2022 13:33

I'd go with that Trikey geeza :D from what we know written on here 0.7mm gap appears optimum ;)

TourerSteve 28th July 2022 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2940662)
Check the plug gaps Bob seeing as you have had new ones fitted.

Certainly the 1.8 turbo's like a plug gap of 0.7mm As you have just had new fitted seems your first point of call ,then coil packs
Is the hesitation at low engine revs or or at higher engine revs ? when you accelerate hard as at higher revs the turbo's can cause over boost and the ECU cuts the engine to prevent damage . This can be down to the turbo control pipework

FLYING BANANA 28th July 2022 21:28

I know the plug gaps need to be different after a re-map but we also have a ported head. Trying to get further information from the garage re the work carried out But many thanks.

trikey 29th July 2022 07:38

Head work won't make a difference Bob, when I was running nitrous with ported heads, pkug gaps stayed the same, you are only introducing more fuel and air.

FLYING BANANA 29th July 2022 08:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by TourerSteve (Post 2940750)
Certainly the 1.8 turbo's like a plug gap of 0.7mm As you have just had new fitted seems your first point of call ,then coil packs
Is the hesitation at low engine revs or or at higher engine revs ? when you accelerate hard as at higher revs the turbo's can cause over boost and the ECU cuts the engine to prevent damage . This can be down to the turbo control pipework

The hesitation is at high revs.