The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Any auditors here? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=317159)

MSS 8th January 2022 19:10

Any auditors here?

If so, what is the attraction of this social media activity to grown up people?

Having accidentally watched a couple auditing videos on youtube this afternoon, I am trying to understand why anyone would spend their time doing auditing?

As it is, I cannot help but feel that it is done by 40ish years olds who still live with their single mother and have difficulty forming relationships with the opposite sex (or indeed the same sex).

Example videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzhRyFuucVI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GSvIeQn4j4

An explanation of what it is for normal people:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzhRyFuucVI&t=6s

trikey 8th January 2022 20:56

As a qualified auditor, i find your comments disturbing :p:

Teflon 8th January 2022 21:29

Never heard it called "auditing" before. Must be an age thing :shrug:

Cliff

MissMoppet 8th January 2022 21:46

Auditing or possibly . . . editing?

SD1too 9th January 2022 08:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teflon (Post 2915614)
Never heard it called "auditing" before. Must be an age thing

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMoppet (Post 2915615)
Auditing or possibly . . . editing?

:wot:
When I viewed Maninder's first YouTube link it is explained that there is a new definition of "auditing" which is completely unconnected with accounting (the only definition in my dictionary) and used by people engaging in social media.

Simon

Rev Jules 9th January 2022 08:16

Re-Arranging finances comes too mind.

Rev.

MSS 9th January 2022 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2915628)
:wot:
When I viewed Maninder's first YouTube link it is explained that there is a new definition of "auditing" which is completely unconnected with accounting (the only definition in my dictionary) and used by people engaging in social media.

Simon

As Simon says, this is a new use of the term 'auditing' in the UK. It has been going on in the US for some time.

The fact that people actually do this defies me. Also, the comments on the videos tells of a sorry state of how some people think these days.

I was keen to find out if it was just me that cannot relate this type of activity.

wraymond 9th January 2022 13:55

Auditors traditionally were those who examined forensically the accounts of commercial enterprises and charitable organisations to ensure the financial position was as reported in final accounts and closing balances of institutions. Most of all, their intent was the truth, which could be proven, and invariably ended their reports with QED.

Latter-day amateur inadequates and would–be commentators on euphemistically titled ‘social’ affairs began to suffer from being ignored and had nowhere to go outside their own bedrooms. They became the self-chosen alternatives to the more apt title of Hermit of No Real Account.

So, ever mindful of being relevant, the sub-definition of ‘hearer/listener’ usually applied to ‘auditer’ was expanded to the superlative ‘auditor’, because it sounded more important and therefore more relevant. In the real world, it was.

They think they gather recognition by denigrating public affairs et al and can be recognised by their occasionally incorrect grammar and the bending of events and versions to suit their own contrary view. They seek attention by printing scornful verdicts on what they squintifingly find in others by bending events and their reportage. They confuse giving their amateur opinion as an antidote to generally accepted and qualified comment.
They are a huge source of amusement.

MSS 9th January 2022 18:19

Thank you Wraymond.

I am in tune with the traditional meaning of 'auditing' and indeed have been the subject of many BS9000 audits on my programme management structures and processes.

Yesterday, I was a bit baffled by the BlackBeltBarrister's youtube clip about whether auditing is legal in the UK and was astonished to find that in social media circles the use of the term 'auditing' in fact means something quite different.

I am trying to decide whether your are agreeing with me. :D

COLVERT 9th January 2022 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraymond (Post 2915690)
Auditors traditionally were those who examined forensically the accounts of commercial enterprises and charitable organisations to ensure the financial position was as reported in final accounts and closing balances of institutions. Most of all, their intent was the truth, which could be proven, and invariably ended their reports with QED.

Latter-day amateur inadequates and would–be commentators on euphemistically titled ‘social’ affairs began to suffer from being ignored and had nowhere to go outside their own bedrooms. They became the self-chosen alternatives to the more apt title of Hermit of No Real Account.

So, ever mindful of being relevant, the sub-definition of ‘hearer/listener’ usually applied to ‘auditer’ was expanded to the superlative ‘auditor’, because it sounded more important and therefore more relevant. In the real world, it was.

They think they gather recognition by denigrating public affairs et al and can be recognised by their occasionally incorrect grammar and the bending of events and versions to suit their own contrary view. They seek attention by printing scornful verdicts on what they squintifingly find in others by bending events and their reportage. They confuse giving their amateur opinion as an antidote to generally accepted and qualified comment.
They are a huge source of amusement.

Your last paragraph.---MPs perhaps.------;)