The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   F1 Grid Girls No More (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=278846)

rustymotor 31st January 2018 15:19

F1 Grid Girls No More

F1 has announced there will be no more grid girls.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...1ebd2e3ab1.jpg

Number 6 31st January 2018 16:52

I believe this has been bought about by a Minority of lefty libtards who feel that it is not PC to have women parading around the grid.It does not matter that this has been going on for years in all forms of sporting event like Dart's,Boxing etc and that thes girls will now be out of a job.

All this PC nonsense it getting out of hand when a Minority few are allowed to inflict their veiws on to the majority:shrug:

topman 31st January 2018 18:10

The drive appears to have sponsers and the tv companies. They think they can increase revenues from not having them there. Two reasons this for my mind, .no one tunes in to watch them so it's unlikely any is really going to stop watching because there aren't any grid girls. So in effect they are an unnecessary costs and can be cut without any loss of revenue. Secondly there's a chance more might watch it.
Whether this works out for them, well watch their revenues.

olliesgrandad 31st January 2018 18:21

What's next ? MOTO GP ,SPEEDWAY GP any other sports :shrug: PC gone mad NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- liberals:mad:

macafee2 31st January 2018 18:39

often the best part of F1.
made me jealous as someone was going to enjoy them and it was not going to be me :)

macafee2

MSS 31st January 2018 19:55

Interesting viewpoints.

I love women, especially beautiful women. But, I would rather see them in the pitts programming the complex sensors and controllers in F1 cars than parading on the grid as objects. Those two girls in the opening post should be covered in brake dust and holding spanners instead of brollies.

The females with whom I have worked over the years have all been as capable, intelligent and professional as the men. That is the level at which I prefer to think of women in general as opposed to human forms that decorate some race track.

I don't believe that I am a leftie libtard. In fact, far from it. I just believe that society is finally catching up with my way of thinking! :cool:

mbrenn 31st January 2018 20:27

A great step forward for girl power. Now they can join the unemployment queues with everyone else . A great victory - not. People forget that show business/glamour is part of sport & entertainment. So now it is “unacceptable” for these girls to earn an honest day’s pay, but it’s ok for women to work in legal red light districts in Europe! Square that circle.

SideValve 31st January 2018 21:02

Just read a couple of books by Sammy Davis (pre-war motoring journo, not the singer). Fascinating tales of exciting racing.
Also noticeable that they had women racing drivers and no parade girls.

I doesn't worry me too much. I find F1 boring but the last thing I want to see when watching with my wife or daughters are gratuitous totty.

COLVERT 31st January 2018 21:17

Wouldn't it be interesting to hear what the now out of work girls think about ??

Think of all the excitement and interesting people they might get to speak to. Even meet potential partners with the same interests. Now all going to be denied to them.---:eek:

murphyv310 31st January 2018 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 6 (Post 2590636)
I believe this has been bought about by a Minority of lefty libtards

What a lot of rubbish.
With all the scandals of recent weeks, months and years we are trying to move on from the lecherous ways that be-dog society. What has women prancing around with virtually nothing on have to do with F1, darts or other sport?
Where I do feel sorry for the girls is being out of work and if they like the work. Unfortunately meeting perverts, and perhaps sexual favours in my mind is wrong and it sends all the wrong signals.