The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Are all tourer rear windows the same? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=301333)

Alan_M 6th December 2019 23:00

Are all tourer rear windows the same?

Having got my tourer through it’s MOT having bought it a couple of months ago I am now sorting a few other things. The first is a leak in the tailgate area. I have discovered the rear window is almost completely detached from its metal frame.

So I’m going to look for and fit a replacement - are the rear windows the same for all model years, trim levels, MG and 75 versions, or are there differences?

I have a 2002 model year Connie and there is a ZT-T being broken near me.

suffolk boy 7th December 2019 08:06

as far as i no:smiley:

Alan_M 7th December 2019 12:01

Thanks. Called the local breaker who had the ZTT - wanted £70 for the window. So gone with plan B and I’ve stripped the glass off the frame completely, cleaned and rebonded using Tiger Seal. It’s all clamped up now and leaving to cure for 24 hours.

steve-45 7th December 2019 12:14

I bet the breaker did not pay much more than that for the complete vehicle.

macafee2 7th December 2019 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan_M (Post 2780260)
Thanks. Called the local breaker who had the ZTT - wanted £70 for the window. So gone with plan B and I’ve stripped the glass off the frame completely, cleaned and rebonded using Tiger Seal. It’s all clamped up now and leaving to cure for 24 hours.

should be able to get one for a lot less then that from another breaker

macafee2

Mickyboy 7th December 2019 14:47

Yeah certainly could, I could beat that price easy
Mick

Alan_M 7th December 2019 15:50

Yes, I’ve seen them on eBay for a lot less, but most won’t post glass and this one was local, but I did give a little laugh and politely declined it as he wouldn’t move on price.
I need the car usable by Monday for work and all that was holding the glass to the frame was the wiper spindle and about 50mm of adhesive either side of the wiper so didn’t want to chance driving it as I have a 200 mile commute, so as above I’ve now just repaired the original.

I’ve taken a few photos of what I’ve done, but it seems I’m not allowed to attach them.

Number 6 7th December 2019 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan_M (Post 2780290)
Yes, I’ve seen them on eBay for a lot less, but most won’t post glass and this one was local, but I did give a little laugh and politely declined it as he wouldn’t move on price.
I need the car usable by Monday for work and all that was holding the glass to the frame was the wiper spindle and about 50mm of adhesive either side of the wiper so didn’t want to chance driving it as I have a 200 mile commute, so as above I’ve now just repaired the original.

I’ve taken a few photos of what I’ve done, but it seems I’m not allowed to attach them.

I am a little confused, Are we talking about the rear glass that opens on the tailgate? or the glass on either side of the load area?

Alan_M 7th December 2019 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 6 (Post 2780341)
I am a little confused, Are we talking about the rear glass that opens on the tailgate? or the glass on either side of the load area?

The rear tailgate opening glass.

Number 6 8th December 2019 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan_M (Post 2780361)
The rear tailgate opening glass.

OK, So where does the "Metal frame" come in. I have a tourer and there is no metal Frame around the glass.