The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Official time for replacing KV6 belts & pump (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=302626)

vacuman 4th February 2020 09:37

Official time for replacing KV6 belts & pump

Is there a published MG/Rover time for the above. I want to make sure a local garage do not take the pi55.

Fusilier 4th February 2020 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by vacuman (Post 2790907)
Is there a published MG/Rover time for the above. I want to make sure a local garage do not take the pi55.

The official time and distance is 90,000 or 6 years which every comes first.

regards

Stu

vacuman 4th February 2020 11:44

Sorry if I was not clear, I meant the number of hours to complete the work. I've seen people on here say that they do the work in one day. Is that 7 hours?

Others have said that, with no problems, it can be done in 5 hours. I'm assuming there's an official 'book' time that, back in the day, Rover dealers would quote against.

Lord of Hog 4th February 2020 11:46

When I had mine done a couple of years ago I got charged for around 5 hours labour.

bl52krz 4th February 2020 13:28

When my son bought the car I now have from him,Rover 75 2.5 V6 Conni SE, he asked me to find out how much it was to get the three belts changed. I asked at a company that I knew, Colliers Erdington, And was told it would be 11 hours and cost £611.00 + the cost of the belts.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that was in 2009/10.( I know, cuckoo land.) I eventually took him to Lates and it was done, along with other things, automatic gearbox fluid change, six plugs check vis motors, for just over two thirds of the first price, with the belts included in the price. Total time was around 3.5 hours. It will be going to him again soon for another belt change.

Terryf 4th February 2020 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2790946)
When my son bought the car I now have from him,Rover 75 2.5 V6 Conni SE, he asked me to find out how much it was to get the three belts changed. I asked at a company that I knew, Colliers Erdington, And was told it would be 11 hours and cost £611.00 + the cost of the belts.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that was in 2009/10.( I know, cuckoo land.) I eventually took him to Lates and it was done, along with other things, automatic gearbox fluid change, six plugs check vis motors, for just over two thirds of the first price, with the belts included in the price. Total time was around 3.5 hours. It will be going to him again soon for another belt change.

Lates did mine in about that time, with air con service and re-gas. 😀

sworks 5th February 2020 05:50

It’s worth mentioning that Lates is one of the best people to go to for this job and probably do more V6 belts than anybody else and so their times will reflect that. There will be very few people that can compete with their time.

Mike Noc 5th February 2020 06:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by vacuman (Post 2790907)

Yes there is a book time, and I'm sure someone will have it. When the water pump failed on my CDT the AA man who recovered the car had all the book times on his laptop. In my case it was 3.5 hours.

sworks 5th February 2020 06:53

I think from memory the time was 3.7 or 5 with aircon. Not many people will do sub 5 hours unless they do them regularly.

trikey 5th February 2020 07:21

It takes me a full day, but I stop for lots of coffee and moaning about the job 😀