The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Extinction.. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=307882)

The Rovering Member 15th September 2020 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2836682)
Plastic is not the problem, its humans who dont care about recycling that is the issue.

Life Without plastic wouldnt be a nice place.

I listened to a Radio 4 programme about this a few years back which said exactly this. Plastic has been recyclable & recycled since it's inception but only if people don't simply chuck it in the bin. Black plastic is the last phase of recycling which is why It's not acceptable in your green bin.

john116 15th September 2020 20:56

You UK people are mostly so negative! Wow, you might as well just give up now based on the majority of the comments in this post.

coolguy 15th September 2020 21:25

I repeat one of my earlier posts on another thread. One third of the world's population was born THIS century. I dare not say who is responsible.

bl52krz 15th September 2020 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2836682)
Plastic is not the problem, its humans who dont care about recycling that is the issue.

Life Without plastic wouldnt be a nice place.

I agree with you Andy. The problem with the world at the moment is it has lost its way through Facebook and the other ‘tiswas ‘ turnips who have not got anything to occupy their little minds. It would serve all these born again environmentalist’s right, if everyone went out and bought an electric car. We could all then live in the dark like they are. I am also surprised at Mr Attenborough. Every argument that environmentalists put up, you can put up two arguments against them. But the hysteria has started so, hey- ho .

bl52krz 15th September 2020 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by john116 (Post 2836764)
You UK people are mostly so negative! Wow, you might as well just give up now based on the majority of the comments in this post.

Negative about what John?

HarryM1BYT 16th September 2020 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2836746)
When one of them accidentally dropped his drinks can, one of the others picked it up and walked to the bin and placed it in.

Now can you imagine that happening in the UK? It was nice to see kids behaving in a respectful manner, maybe there is hope for the planet after all.

Judging by what I see and especially by the rubbish abandoned on beaches when lockdown eased, for 'someone else to clear up' - the UK is inhabited by some very thoughtless and dirty people.

It makes me wonder what their homes are like, if the carry on like that when out in public.

bl52krz 16th September 2020 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2836690)
Just watched it and it seems that in my little way I shan't buy what I don't need and shall buy food grown and produced locally (no hardship there as Norfolk produce is yummy!). We are "brainwashed" into buying stuff we don't need and seem to get stuff with built in obsolescence. My kids never had "designer" goods and were always bought "practical" things. They both seem to continue to do the same and it hasn't done them any harm. What's the point in buying a Mk 5 just because it replaced the Mk 4. Usually, they both do the same job. My mum is still using her 20 year old Nokia mobile and I can still hear her when she rings me!:shrug: My car is 21 years old too! :D

You sound like me. Washing machine is only around 12 years old.Dishwasher is around 35 years old, but best of all, the Hotpoint dryer is 43 years old, and never been touched. Should have kept my mouth shut.

COLVERT 16th September 2020 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2836980)
You sound like me. Washing machine is only around 12 years old.Dishwasher is around 35 years old, but best of all, the Hotpoint dryer is 43 years old, and never been touched. Should have kept my mouth shut.

My really tatty house cleaner and general do-it-all is 82 years old though if she reads this I'm dead meat.---:eek:

COLVERT 17th September 2020 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by mileshawk56 (Post 2836730)
Amazing doublethink of the man - he has polluted the planet for the last ? years and has the insolence to lecture others. Im 84 and my wife is 81 and would guess in our lives the actions and consumption of the earths resources that can be placed at our gate are most likely less than 1% of those and his acolytes . And we are most likely no different to millions of others in this world. Chris S.

So you are saying he was wrong before in his actions and he's also wrong with his lectures now ??

Remember that when he started few were aware of planet pollution but there is now a growing awareness in most peoples minds. His included.

Being wise after an event is so easy.

Were you wise when you were 20 ?--Did YOUR wisdom increase with age ??---:shrug:

planenut 18th September 2020 08:14

Wall-E,.,................ As in, we, Mankind made the mess, and those with the money appear to feel we have the right to find another planet to start it all again. The planet is a living thing and will shed itself of the parasites, and Man is the worst of those.

Most people will not have the ability to help, regardless of their good intentions. We all should do our best to affect the future in a good way, to the point that we can then feel comfortable that we did something right.