The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Struggling to find one of lifes essentials (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=303924)

cbr1100xx 30th March 2020 16:11

Struggling to find one of lifes essentials

Since the panic buying and stampedes in the shops I cannot find a single jar of.....branston pickle.
Large supermarkets, small Express stores and local shops all have empty shelves where it should be.
We have a little bit left which I have been told to leave alone if I value certain bits attached to my body.

Obviously one of lifes essentials

Stan

planenut 30th March 2020 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbr1100xx (Post 2802501)
Since the panic buying and stampedes in the shops I cannot find a single jar of.....branston pickle.
Large supermarkets, small Express stores and local shops all have empty shelves where it should be.
We have a little bit left which I have been told to leave alone if I value certain bits attached to my body.

Obviously one of lifes essentials

Stan

Seems as if you're in a bit of a pickle then.

madeupname 30th March 2020 17:52

I've got half a jar left. I can let it go for ..... oooh..... lets say £10,000 :D

kidding. That's way too cheap :}

harrisop48 31st March 2020 10:12

Check it for plastic

MILLIONS of Branston pickle jars have been recalled over fears they contain pieces of plastic. The Food Standards Agency warned the chutney was unsafe to eat. It added: “If you have bought any of these products please return them to the store from where they were bought for a full refund.”

cbr1100xx 31st March 2020 11:08

That would explain the shortage then , thanks for that ,
I guess we will have to ration what we have left

Stan

Nick Greg 31st March 2020 11:19

Some supermarkets have just announced that they will lift the limits on some items in store. Idiotic decision in these times as all that does is invite all the moronic panic buyers to return. The cynic in me says its more about bumper profits and revenues than ensuring everyone has a reasonable chance of getting what they want

markypicks 31st March 2020 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by madeupname (Post 2802518)
I've got half a jar left. I can let it go for ..... oooh..... lets say £10,000 :D

kidding. That's way too cheap :}

typical south yorkshire humour rgds mark

coolguy 31st March 2020 11:30

Sorting the kitchen out last weekend I found an unopened jar - unfortunately it was best before 2012! I am not that desperate and hope you aren't either! It's destined for the bin.

cat 31st March 2020 11:33

Try Aldi's own make, Bramwells I think, we used to only buy Branstons but it's not bad at all.

macafee2 31st March 2020 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Greg (Post 2802647)
Some supermarkets have just announced that they will lift the limits on some items in store. Idiotic decision in these times as all that does is invite all the moronic panic buyers to return. The cynic in me says its more about bumper profits and revenues than ensuring everyone has a reasonable chance of getting what they want

or it may calm people, if there is no limit, there is no shortage.
lets see if indeed there is panic buying

macafee2