The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Trim clips! Input from all members welcome. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=237676)

DMGRS 16th February 2016 16:59

Trim clips! Input from all members welcome.

Hello guys and girls,

I've recently found many parts of my ZT-T have been held on with silicone, as the previous owner didn't want to pay for new trim clips.
Having seen some of the RRPs attached to them, I can't say I blame him...

Which trim clips are commonly needed, but are quite expensive? We're looking at doing a bulk-buy to bring the prices of them down.

Part numbers would be helpful, and of course forum discount will still apply even to the discounted prices.

Ideally we'll be able to bring the prices down similar to the Scuttle Panel Clips - down from an RRP of £1.95 each to 99p.

Asriel 16th February 2016 17:03

Id have thought the ones that hold the door cards on would be pretty popular!

The Incredible 'ULK' 16th February 2016 17:14

Definitely doorcard and sill clips as I've just ordered some spares. Also, is there a known source of the fir tree clips (DYC101530) for the front bumper?

Scaramanga 16th February 2016 17:20

Are you including the red fir tree clips?

If so I'd be interested :D

DMGRS 16th February 2016 17:24

I can include any trim clips, I'll be immediately focusing on those that are readily available - but I can always try and have NLA clips made up in the future.

trikey 16th February 2016 17:37

If you want to have any obsolete clips made up, I am a plastic moulder by trade and could get prices for tooling and production if required.

Jakg 16th February 2016 17:44

Sill and door card trims - ideally the "christmas tree" ones (not the OE pointy only ones).

For bonus points, they are also available with a foam ring of insulation around the head for NVH.

If you sell any parts (handles, lock mechs, window regs etc) that require the door card to be removed, consider offering a "kit" which includes the above for a couple of quid extra - people won't think they need them unless you explain good clips are one-use only and then your product has an added value the rest on the market don't.

jonc3725 16th February 2016 18:05

From my work on my red ZT I would say

Door cards

Clip-cup retainer EKM100090
Clip-cup retainer EKM100100
Clip-retaining EKM100270 The all important fir tree clip:D

Sill kick plates

Clip-retaining EKM100270 Same as above

Bonnet and boot insulation

Fastener-fir tree - Black AFU3711L

There are probably others but that the ones I have come across mostly.

Hope this helps

genpk 16th February 2016 18:23

Gotta get those trim clips that hold the chrome strips down the sides of the car
Dyc101440, like hens teeth to find and very expensive when you do.
There used every time any panel work is done and most always break when the chome comes off.think there is about 15 per side.
As somone else said,sill clips for the long chrome strip.perhaps another consumed clip would be windscreen clips.

DMGRS 16th February 2016 18:30

Thanks everyone.

Safe to say, there's demand for DYC101440 and EKM100270 first and foremost.
I'll check those out tomorrow.

If any suggestions could be accompanied with a part number (if you have it to hand, of course) it'll make sure I get the right ones - as there's so bloomin' many... :)