The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Furious Driving (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=306730)

SideValve 27th July 2020 19:24

Furious Driving

Reviewing the 75 Tourer on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrLdjLS1sco

ZedTeeT 27th July 2020 22:21

Blimey, he's keen. Makes a nice change. 😊

clf 27th July 2020 23:19

''this came out in 2001'' wonder why?

''the BMW influence, which makes it so good'' errrrm

''this is pure BMW e60, e46, e39''

''bear in mind this model's model number is the R40, which is a BMW product range, same as the Mini was the R50 when it first came around'' Maybe they bought it from Honda from the R8? and he isnt even ignorant of that???? :duh:
:duh:

with a more subdued tone ''....nice little lozenge shaped handles in the back as well'' <quickly move on>

Jeeez ..............

BMW BMW BMW BMW - I wish MGJohn was about to comment. I dont normally care about the BMW comparisons, but this is just perpetuating the myths, and I am only 8 minutes in ........ I am going to watch the rest, am waiting for him to actually say something like ''this engine is so great, I wonder why BMW didnt keep it for themselves''

If you want to buy it £3995

Mickyboy 28th July 2020 08:51

Having plenty of Rover 75’s and ZT’s plus a BMW E90 facelift, i’d say all the guy seems to go on about is BMW this BMW that, some of his facts are a bit incorrect like side impact airbags fitted as standard in 2006 err don’t think so mate, all the talk about it’s preproject drive but yet it doesn’t have chrome lashings in the boot or the spare wheel cover circular stowage area lid

Then under the Bonnet The original 3 separate labels were replaced by 1 single label incorporating air conditioning, coolant and engine specification information if you notice he has only 1 label.
Plus he doesn’t have a real wood – as he points out with the passengers airbag

I could go on and on listing all the PPD items that his car doesn’t have but just can’t really be bothered I think I’ve made the point

He keeps saying over and over this is a pre-project drive well he doesn’t know what he’s talking about really, if you’re going to make a video and highlight XY and Z at least know what you’re talking about, I’m not knocking the guys enthusiasm for Rover 75 tourer’s but I got so bored of it halfway through I thought there’s better ways to spend my time, I would say however he did have a nice clean tidy version

The more and more he went on about BMW the more and more I thought this video is starting to bore me a bit. It’s not a BMW it’s a Rover.
Mick

Avulon 28th July 2020 16:16

Fantastic wood - [strokes plastic dash] lol.

Mean & Green 28th July 2020 21:31

There are quite a few BMW myths. Someone I work with commented on the separate opening glass hatch on my ZT-T. He thought that must be a BMW influence as MINIs also do this.

It was something along the lines of... “Oh that’s a good feature, that must be a BMW thing!” As if like, you know nothing well though out or well engineered could possibly come from MG-Rover could it? :rolleyes:

He didn’t realise that the tourers came along after BMWs departure. He also didn’t know about the R50 MINI being a Rover development, but that’s by the bye.

Teflon 29th July 2020 07:50

I've been told on more than one occassion that my '75 is essentially a 3 series Beemer with reworked panels and interior trim. All BMW apparantly :shrug::duh:

Cliff

KWIL 29th July 2020 08:11

Much nearer a 5 Series if we are going down that route. Certainly the parts bin was raided for many items.

Reebs 29th July 2020 08:46

There may be a few factual inaccuracies in his video, but you have to applaud the guy’s enthusiasm and appreciation of the car :driving:

Mike Trident 29th July 2020 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teflon (Post 2827733)
I've been told on more than one occassion that my '75 is essentially a 3 series Beemer with reworked panels and interior trim. All BMW apparantly :shrug::duh:

Cliff

That's not such a bad thing is it? it means we can also get hold of some spares from BMW's

Life could be worse!